Slow cooker - help needed please

Take off after cooking - in the slow cooker it doesnt go crispy as in roasting so you really will not want to eat it!

I cooked the beef and veg chilli from the January magazine in the slow cooker and it is amazing!!!!

Have now cooked several whole chickens, joints of pork, a gammon joint, rabbit casserole, beef casserole, chicken casserole (should put an s on most of these have done more than once!). Must say having a slow cooker is fab.

Will make life easier in summer when working non stop, will be able to put a chicken in to cook in the morning and then do a salad with it for tea (easy!).

My slo cooker was a wedding present 33 years ago! I use it at least once or twice a week. Sometimes at the weekend I put a cheaper cut joint of beef in it on Saturday evening and cook it all night. The only trouble is that it is so tender that it is difficult to slice!!! Yum Yum

suespain said:
Have now cooked several whole chickens, joints of pork, a gammon joint, rabbit casserole, beef casserole, chicken casserole (should put an s on most of these have done more than once!). Must say having a slow cooker is fab.

Will make life easier in summer when working non stop, will be able to put a chicken in to cook in the morning and then do a salad with it for tea (easy!).

Just remember not to put the salad in it :)

HI Stazo

I think they are sin free! Been going by a lot of the recipes posted on this website (stock is free, veg are free) so I hope on EE they are!!!

I don't add wine or cornflour which are sinned.

So literally just add veg stock, veg and then meat of choice and then let it simmer away? I will have to give it a go. Thanks

Hi Stazo

Basically yes, very simple, that's why I like doing slow cooker meals. Takes a few mins to prepare in the morning, switch it on and then when we want to eat just have to turn it off and put it into bowls!

Look at some of the recipes on this website for slow cooker, they are really good.

There wasn't one for rabbit so followed one of the other ones and did rabbit instead of whatever meat they used.

Back