SLOW COOKER QUESTION

I did a quorn curry in slow cooker the other day, was fab, OH said it was better than a takeaway :D however I not had as much success with soups :sigh:

I -love- my slow cooker. It means that I can buy not quite so expensive meat and it tastes like the finest stuff! I'm super picky about meat too, so it pleases me that it goes all tender and lovely. Yummy!!

Definitely the right time of year for it too!

Liz x

I love cooking rice pudding in mine and then sweetening afterwards when in the bowls. Mine gets a little maple syrup. Its not abd at all if I use my syns for the sweetening and HX's for the milk.

Hi guys,

im not so great in the kitchen, can never find time, thought i might make some slow cooker foods so they are ready when i finish work.

any idea how i convert recipes from oven/hob to slowcooker?

I prepare the foods on the hob, brown the meat, bring it to the boil, etc,bring the slow cooker to temperature, than tip the contents from the pan into the cooker, turn to the lowest setting, make sure the lid fits, then go to work.
Don't put rice in though as it absorbes all the liquid, just prepare when you get home.

Back