Slow cooker recipes

Thx Flutter - I am so on a roll with this cooking malarky LOL.

Could you post your mince and goulash recipes hun? I am a slow cooker addict, so the more recipes the merrier :)

And what's the rule on reheating cooked chicken? I have half the recipe left over, so can I zap it in the microwave?

Susie x

Can't see a problem with nuking it mysef should be lovely next day too with the paprika flavours! Will post my recipes though I tend to be an add as I go girl so no 2 meals are the same! :D

Mince Recipe
Mince in the slow cooker - generally I fry the extra lean steak mince, some garlic, a little onion and normally some carrot (gets extra veggies into the wee ones) though you can omit those, then add some stock (either cube or bouillon or fresh stock) and pop into the slow cooker on low for around 6-8hrs and then blitz with a handblender to remove "grizzly" bits maybe add dash of worcestershire sauce too and ready to go. Could make chilli (add some chopped toms, chilli powder) or spag bol (chopped toms, mushrooms, herbs) too for a change.

Goulash
Fry some meat (I use any kind as slow cooker makes most things very tender), small amount onion, garlic, mushrooms, pepper. Add chopped toms, beef stock, paprika and pop into slow cooker on low for about 6 or so hours. Serve with soured cream - yum!

x

Question - most slow cooker recipes say you should brown the chicken/meat first before putting in the cooker - is this necessary?

Susie

Probably not necessary Susie, but I do it, makes the meat look nicer.

I agree with Jim definitely better looks and taste wise to brown the meat first I'm thinking of investing in a saute crock pot as you can brown the meat on the stove in the actual pot and saves washing up! :)

That's what we have. :)

I use the one I've got lots, but I like the crock idea. Less clearing up, lol

Back