Slow cookers

Chala1972

Morning fellow Xenicallians :D am hopeing someone can enlighten me :D

I used to own a slow cooker and cooked numerous recipes in it word for word the recipes were followed, the house would be filled with promising smells of wonder but when it can it eating it, well, tasteless! People rave on about these cookers and to be honest it would be fab to come home to a TASTY meal when i have been on a long run in the van, could someone please help me conquer my slowcooker problem?? :eek:

you could try googling it

No - I don't think we've ever had something we didn't like from ours.

Being vegetarian, I make a lot of soups and stews in ours. Sometimes I get stuck doing a lot of tomato based dishes and I try and do curries instead.

I have a slow cooker, you can cook umpteen low fat dinners in them, I do a lot of diced skinless chicken with veg, soups, curry, today I will be making onion soup in mine :)

ooh....i thought you had a problem with the cooker lol

I'm a bit lazy with mine. I do whole chicken for a roast, gammon joints and beef. Chicken goes in on its own, it creates a lot of juices after a few hours. I put a cup of water in with the gammon joints and i cover the beef with Bisto Best Pork Gravy (only one we can have).
I ahve done a LOVELY chicken casserole in it too. I use the chicken casserole packet mixes, then add any veg i want and 1 breast per person. I put it on in the morning and by tea time it is lovely. Just remember to cut the veggies up small, mine were too big so some were a bit hard. A chunk of bread to mop up the juice. Yum.

I also do things like spag bol in it. I brown the mince in a frying pan and then add it and everything else we want into the slow cooker and then add then leave it for as long as possible.

Back