slow loss 2 weeks in

lemonadelily

i joined slimming world, 2 weeks ago, the first weigh in i had lost 3lbs, this week just 1.5 lbs, i wouldnt mind but i have cut out, bread, cereal, milk, choc, crisps the whole lot, although i feel better i can't help but feel that the loss is not enough for someone of my size and just starting :( anyone any advice please

also does having diabetes type 2 complicate it?, i am on 15 mg pioglitizone and just started transfering to metformin slow release, i have been soooo good the last 2 weeks and am trying to be hopeful, but giving up so much and not seeing a great outcome is down heartening

I was the opposite when I started, I lost 1.5lbs the first week & 3lb the next! We're all different & our weight can be so different one week to the next, even if we can't understand why.

Are you weighing everything? And are you using you 15 syns a day? What are you eating in the morning if you have cut out bread & cereal? Use your HEX A & B choices, cereal & bread both come under B choice so dont feel you can't have them.

Hun...well done on the losses so far. What plan are you doing??
No, diabetes does not effect the losses that much...my Mum is one far more tablets than you and started at same weight (as did I!).
That said...have you spoken to your Consultant? Also if you have a diary on here we can have a look for you.
Dont despair...your body has to adjust first.

xxx

Firstly, well done on the weight loss so far.

If you've cut out bread, cereal and milk, are you having your HEA's and HEB's? These are important.
I've only ever lost 1lb a week, some weeks I've stayed the same. I haven't cut out anything, including crisps and chocolate.

well done on having a loss
i have diabetes and dont think its did anything but make the nurse say that if i get another good suger level she will think about starting to take me of my tablets so that in itself is enough to keep me going :)
think i bein doing ot for about 13 weeks and in that time there was only 2 weeks were i only lost half pound and that pissed me but then again its still a loss so keep going and it wont be long till u see the diff:)

thanks everyone, i have been having HEX, even if it was just baby bell i havent been having the other one and have only used syns 3 days out of the 2 weeks, also what do i need to be weighing? i am doing extra easy, and i like the fact that for the first time ever in my life i have not been hungry, apart from when its meal time lol,

hi there,
its sounds like you aren't eating enough. you should have at least 5 syns a day, every day, and both your HE's.
in terms of weighing you should weigh your HE's.
hope that helps. really do try and eat more, if you want crisps use your syns thats what they're there for.
well good for the great loss of 4.5 so far and good luck!

You must have both hexs and DO eat most of your syns! It will speed your weight up, honest! (tho 4.5lbs is GOOD!) Oh and I do hear that metformin is good for boosting weightloss too!

Congrats on your weight loss.
I agree with the others. You must have your HEX's and syns.
Don't worry, though, the losses will come.
I lost 4.5pouds my first week, and then stayed the same the next two weeks despite doing everything 100%. I was gutted at the time, but it did come off eventually.
Now, I don't worry too much. I like to lose each week but I often have STS or small gains but in the long run it is a loss.
Good luck. You'll do just fine.

Hey hun, please eat your HEX and use your syns..

Can i just say, when i was about 18 stone, i was on the verge of type 2, and my gyni stuck me on metformin and told me to follow a low carb diet, something to do with insulin levels.. And i followed his advice and lost loads of weight, then i went back to eating high levels of carbs and gained it back, and can never lose weight whilst eating carbs..

Hence why i only stick with red days now, (just got to read my moany posts)...

What about if you give a week of red days a go? Eating 2x HEB and 1-2HEA plus have atleast 5 syns a day, there are lots of recipies for for red days.. Just a suggestion... ?

But weldone on your weightloss, that is fantastic, next week will be even bigger..

x

My OH has lost over a stone on metaformin so it's def the way to go (I do think about nicking some....) but I'd like him to come off them completely eventually!
You've done really well in 2 weeks but you're definately not having a balanced diet if you're only having half your HEa's (dairy increases weight loss would you believe!) and no syns. they are there to be used and as part of a Healthy balanced diet.

Lemonadelily,go and weigh one and half pounds of potatoes and carry them around. That is a good amount of weight to lose. it is the amount of weight that is likely to stay off,, keep going girl !!

I lost the same as you in my first 2 weeks and tomorrow is my third weigh in, I'm sure I've either sts or worse still gained as I've got my monthly and not feeling fab. I was a little gutted last week with just 1.5lbs but I know that my weight didn't go on over night so wont come off over night either and that steady and slow is the way to go for a more permanent loss. Good luck with week 3, you can do it

aw thanks guys, i have just actually indulged in a pack of crisps and savoured every one lol and have had 2 baby bells i also think my soup at dinner was my other HEX as it was one on the diet plan example, plus i made the turkey meatball rec off the extra easy book, i am gonna try to get some exercise in aswell tomorrow may just be on the wii, but am just recovering from a mild flu after having the injection, the metformin coupled with a change in diet is making me feel so much better only 2 weeks in, but thanks for all ypour support, i shall try to use all HEX and some syns, but i'm scared i fall into past habits :)

today is gonna be the first day i try to use all HEX and some syns, i figured the best way to cope with this change is to do each day as it comes and choose food for that day and go to the supermarket, so the hardest part is i dont do breakfast as i have a sensitive stomach and worry issues regarding this, but i will conquer :)

Good luck for today! I'm sure you'll do fine with your positive attitude. Enjoy all that lovely food and don't worry - trust the plan! It works! x

can anyone help me out
today i have had........
brunch ... scrambled egg on 2 slices nimble wholemeal, no butter wich grilled bacon, fat cut off
tea ... extra easy recipe burger and chips whole meal bap used as syns, with salsa and salad
snack ... muller light yog

i still need to have my HEX b, which may well be baby bells when i get in later

does this look right and balanced???????

your really don't eat a lot do you!!!
I have loads more a day, mostly fruit to be honest. without fail i have four pieces of fruit a day. maybe add some fruit and even better ss fruit (like melon) which will speed your losses

why didn't you use your wholemeal bap as your HEb? You can have your babybels as a HEa then, and you've still got some syns left for scrummy treat?

Back