Slow start..........

Mutti-mum

Oh where to start - I'm 5 weeks into my slimming world journey and have lost 4.5 lb Given that I need to lose 100lb+ that's a very small drop in the ocean :cry:
I don't know what to do - consultant says talk to others who are having success but it's not that I'm not trying it just isn't showing on the scales. Just looking for a little inspiration or a kick up the bttm.... I've got a few health issues hypothyroid and GP reckons insulin resistant ho hum - is slimming world the right place for me :confused: Any help and suggestions welcome x

Hey hun, have some *hugs* I know you feel disheartened at losing 4.5lbs, but thats 54lbs in a year, and you may have much better months and you are at least going down and not up!

Have you been following extra easy? Have you been 100% within your syns and eating your healthy extras?

Do you eat a lot of white pasta or rice?

Hopefully someone on here can give you a hand with what to do, but it could just be how you are meant to lose, some people lose slower especially if they have underactive thyroid too hun but there is another post on here where lots of people have done it :)

I think slimming world is a really good balanced way to lose weight as it changes your eating habits to a healthy one.

Hope you have some more success going forward, and we are all here for you

xxx

Hi there :)

I know it feels soul destroying but there are two things I can think of that might make you feel better -

1 - If you lost a pound a week for a year you would lose around three stone

2 - Apparently the slower the weight comes off the easier it stays off

Maybe give it a few more weeks and see how it goes? Good luck xxxx

I agree with Slimming World showing a healthy way to eat. I was told by the hospital that I am insulin resistant the only thing that they told me was to avoid too much sugar.

Speak with your consultant and see if there is anyone in the group that has had a similar experience, they might be able to give you some support.

xx

Are you drinking enough too, my issue is I didn't used to drink enough but I have been trying really hard to make sure I drink enough. Also the slower you lose it the less chance of mounds of saggy skin :p well done on losing what you have already xxx

I have been on the plan since the start of Jan and am having small losses, 1lb sometimes less a week, this week I am STS. I am not giving up, the weight at the very least is going the right way!
Stick with it, you'll be glad you did.
Xx

Just a note on the thyroid issue....there are quite a number of people on here, me included, that have thyroid problems. The weight losses are said to take longer as the metabolism is slower but I know those people are still having good losses. Any loss is better than none...and even better than a gain.

Your weight loss is going in the right direction hun and although you have 100lbs+ to lose you will find there are a lot of people in the same boat as you. Stick with it. The plan is designed to make the changes over to a more healthy way of eating.

I guess you didn't get to your current weight overnight so if you think about it logically, it's not going to come off overnight either. your 4.5lbs loss is good actually and SW say you should aim for 1 - 1.5lbs loss per week.

You'll find loads of support and motivation on here. Remember...slowly but surely!! ;)

Good luck and keep us updated. Holla if you need some more encouragement or a kick up the backside...lol :D

Thank you all - I know my sensible head tells me everything you all say is right, just a bit down last night I think. I've decided that I'm going to continue on but at home with the support of you guys and everyone else at MiniMins - the group wasn't doing it for me. The consultant was a nice person but a bit at a loss with me I think......
I think I'm putting myself under too much pressure with the weekly weigh in and all we seem to do is collect for the raffle, go round the room (it's a big class) then clear off as the next class arrives. So think it's best to find my own way through this for now - thank you loads xx

Thank you all - I know my sensible head tells me everything you all say is right, just a bit down last night I think. I've decided that I'm going to continue on but at home with the support of you guys and everyone else at MiniMins - the group wasn't doing it for me. The consultant was a nice person but a bit at a loss with me I think......
I think I'm putting myself under too much pressure with the weekly weigh in and all we seem to do is collect for the raffle, go round the room (it's a big class) then clear off as the next class arrives. So think it's best to find my own way through this for now - thank you loads xx

It can be tough when you have a big class to feel like you get value out of it - mine used to be like that, but I moved to another group which is bit smaller - with the same consultant - who is fab.

Maybe you could weigh at home, or at boots or something but not on a weekly basis? With the medical issues you have got potentially slowing down your weight losyou may find that weighing in less will help with motivation, and reduce the pressure?

Aside from this, I would suggest you don't think about theh fact oyu 100lbs to loose. I would split it into little chuncks. So, for example my initial goal was 10% of my body weight, then a bmi in overweight not obese, now its 12 stone, then it will be my target of 11 stone. If I had started off thinking - i must loose 5.5 stone I would probably have given up in week 4!

Thanks - yes I'm trying to think like that and the biggest thing was facing up to getting on the scale in the first place. The class isn't motivating me at the moment and that's maybe down to me.... So for now I'll try and keep on eating sensibly, trying to exercise more and weigh in every 10 days or so.
Think it will be at home with the bathroom door locked lol - couldn't face Boots with the danger of casual observation hahaha - if I was 91/2 stone it would be a different matter of course! x

Hi there, I was the queen of slow losses but little by little and bit by bit I got there. Been at target now for 7 months. It really is worth it but I understand how hard it is if you dont get the result you deserve when you have been so good. Keep plodding on, speak to others, and take all the support offered in group and on here. You will get there, please dont give up, you will get there!!!! x

I understand how you feel, I lose so slowly. I have been doing SW for 6 months now and sometimes I lose nothing or gain for no reason.

But today I got my 1.5 stone shiny. I know lots of people get this in a short time, but if I just carry on I should be 3 stone less this year.

In my 6 months I have seen people have great losses quickly wo have left regained the weight and come back sometimes a few times, but i just keep plodding on and am further down my path than any of them are.

You just have to have faith in teh plan and stick with it.

And mutti-mum don't give up altogether. There are plenty of very nice folk on here who want success for all of us and who are willing to help as much as they can.

Have you started a food diary here? People might be able to offer advice to you. If you have, keep filling it in :) x

Don't give up!!! I'm not a quick loser and like you had 100lb+ to lose when I started SW. In June this year I will have been with SW 4 years and have lost 9 stones. I still have around 3.5stones to go but honestly don't mind how long it takes because I know SW is a way of life now and I'll be on plan for the rest of my days. Suits me! ;)

Wow! Mrsscandude how well have you done! You must have had hiccups but have stuck with it. well done :) x

Back