Slow weight loss - please help!

krupskaya

Gold Member
I've been doing sw for three weeks and have only shedded 6lbs. I know this is a good weight loss if you've been on the plan for a while but as it's my first three weeks I expected more. Been sticking with the plan 100% but it's soooo slooow...

Did ww last year and I lost almost double that amount in the first three weeks. Of course it slowed down after several weeks and then my losses were about 2lbs a week. Don't wanna go back to ww as the regime is so stringent. Just frustrated at my slow loss on sw.

Any ideas peeps?

ZXXXXXXXXX

Thankyou BB but I forgot to mention I,m a vegetarian so don't eat fish or meat. I follow the green plan as I'm a veggie.

ZXXXXXX

Try having a 'Water week' - increasing the amount of water you eat and see how you get on! I'm pretty sure I read that someone's group was doing a 'Superfree' challenge too, aiming for 10 portions of superfree food a day... could also give that a try for a boost! xxxx

Why not just stop making comparisons?

If you are constantly trying to attain something unrealistic you will end up getting frustrated and throwing the towel in. If you truly see this as a change for your life then you have to accept that slower losses are more realistic and more sustainable!

I have tried numerous quick diets in the past- all of which worked while I was sticking to them, but when I 'stopped' them I gained weight back. This time was different- I didn't look at it as being 'on' or 'off' a diet, but a way of changing my eating habits and realtionship with food FOR GOOD- not just for a quick fix.

I told myself that even if I just lost half a pound a week I would be satisfied as even thoug it would take years, I had to live that time anyway. I have actually lost 1lb a week on average, and although it has taken me over 2 years I am finally 'normal' for the first time in my life and it has taken that long to develop a healthy relationship with the things I put in my mouth

I think you need to really have a think about not just your short term goals, but what you want to achieve for the rest of your life- your losses are fantastic, but your perception of them will HAVE to change if you want to make a success of this

Good luck, mate

xxxx

Why not just stop making comparisons?

If you are constantly trying to attain something unrealistic you will end up getting frustrated and throwing the towel in. If you truly see this as a change for your life then you have to accept that slower losses are more realistic and more sustainable!

I have tried numerous quick diets in the past- all of which worked while I was sticking to them, but when I 'stopped' them I gained weight back. This time was different- I didn't look at it as being 'on' or 'off' a diet, but a way of changing my eating habits and realtionship with food FOR GOOD- not just for a quick fix.

I told myself that even if I just lost half a pound a week I would be satisfied as even thoug it would take years, I had to live that time anyway. I have actually lost 1lb a week on average, and although it has taken me over 2 years I am finally 'normal' for the first time in my life and it has taken that long to develop a healthy relationship with the things I put in my mouth

I think you need to really have a think about not just your short term goals, but what you want to achieve for the rest of your life- your losses are fantastic, but your perception of them will HAVE to change if you want to make a success of this

Good luck, mate

xxxx

I totally agree - it is for me a lifestyle not a diet :)

I agree with cocktailprincess. Stop comparing diets. I lost 11lbs on my first week of the Cambridge diet but for me it just wasn't a sustainable way to live. Getting the weight off quickly or slowly doesn't make any difference as long as its moving in the right direction. And by following SW you know you'll be able to make healthy enough choices when you get to goal so you don't pile it back on again.
Try upping your water but nearly half a stone is a FAB loss - you should be proud of yourself. xx

In my first three weeks I lost 5 1/2 lbs and I had 4 stone to lose. I'm very happy with that loss and think it was a big loss especially as I was enjoying my food so much and still having a good drink each weekend. I'm not a fast loser like some but I've been patient and in 16 months I have now lost over 3 1/2 stone.

All losses, no matter how small, add up. You just have to persevere and you'll get there. It's so worth it. I'm near my target now and thoroughly enjoying all the many, many benefits of a much slimmer figure. The best thing is that after all this time I'm still not one bit bored with SW and excited about all the different recipes I have yet to try. SW is something that I can do for ever as I enjoy it so much and that will be the key to maintaining my weight when I finally reach target.

The important thing isn't how quickly you lose the weight but being able to go all the way and then maintain it afterwards.

Thankyou for all your replies ladies. It really does make a difference. I'm out of my rut now and thinking that sw is not a 'diet' but as a lifestyle change. I can easily imagine staying on this eating plan as a way of life after I hit goal. I'm really really enjoying picking up new recipes, tweaking old ones, and the encouragement of the lovely peeps on here, my leaders and group. It is just so liberating to never go hungry and when I feel in desperate need i know i can go eat free food till it's coming out of my ears.

The weight I'm carrying didn't come on overnight so I'm not going to shift overnight either. As one lady said, diets like the Cambridge show massive losses early on but maintaining is another matter. I think maintaining will be cool on this.

I'm so so happy I went to SW rather that WW. It really does train you to get into the healthy eating mode. And lord how I feel better for it. I have even been craving salad not a bar of chocolate - go figure! But even if I want chocolate I can go get some.

From a very very happy SW'er:D:D:D.

ZXXXXXXXXXXX

Back