Slow weight loss ...

So far I have lost the grand total of 4 lbs. I have lost inches, so that's great ... but :sigh: Just a whinge-y thread, really :wave_cry:

I have a 500 calorie a day deficit, I am weighing everything, but still it's coming off so slowly. Just one week where I lost 2 lb would be great. I'm also feeling really, really hungry some days, which makes it hard to stick to (although I have, not cheated once, I am nothing if not determined).

So, is it suddenly going to drop off?

Hi, Just looked thro' your posts history and see that about three weeks ago you did have a two and a quarter pound loss... so just shows that things are working better than you thought.
I do know what it is like when the losses are slow anyway, but I am sure the things you are doing will soon show more results.

Keep going and do take care with the Zumba especially as you are under docs orders not to exercise.

Yes, you're right, it would just be over and done with so much quicker if I lost it at a rate of 2lb a week.

Have temporarily stopped Zumba as it was aggravating my hip, but have found some other stuff I can do, so am plodding along with that.

Thanks Emmeline.

I'm also a slow weight loss person, I began my journey (one of many) in February and have now lost 27 lb, so less than a lb a week.

Although the losses have been slow and very frustrating, this time I've finally realized (after many years of yo-yoing) that this "diet" is for life and hopefully those pesky pounds I've lost and any future losses will keep off. I think if it came off quickly I might not have gotten the mentality of this is for life. I'm about 13 lbs to goal, so will still need to keep check of what I'm eating when I start maintaining.

You don't have that much to lose tbh so it will be slower.

Change your loss to 1lb a week on MFP see what it gives you, you might find that you lose more than 1lb just through having the extra calories, you are less likely to be hungry aswell.

Mine is set at 0.5lb and i am often losing more than that.

Back