Extra Easy Slump Nearing Target?

chocahorrific

I hit 11st2lbs last Tuesday, to my utmost delight. Just 9lbs to go until my target, which is what I usually lose in a month. Problem is, this week has been a disaster, and it's just down to me not being as bothered because I'm close to target now. We got a takeaway WI night as a treat, but it was planned to coincide with moving into our new home. But we got one the following night as well, and all I thought was "Sure it'll be grand"... then my OH came home from work with a pizza for himself, and when he found out there was mushrooms on it, he went to put it in the bin. Rather than let it go to waste, I ate it (now it was only a 9-inch). Telling myself the same thing again, it would be grand. I'd say I've tripled, if not quadrupled my syn intake on at least three of the past 6 days, and I'm worried that with me being so much smaller than I was when I started, that I'm starting to lose interest. My sweet tooth is really fighting through at the minute and I've already had two mini Mars bars today! Got my OH to take the packet to work so I can't have any more, but it really is a losing battle, and while I'll be happy enough with a gain tomorrow (knowing I certainly deserve it) I don't want this nonchalant attitude to carry into the following week!

Any tips on motivating yourself when you're almost there?

I'm in the same position, down to 11 and getting nearer to target. I had three weeks of just being slack with it but this week (since Thurs) I've done food diary and tried to knuckle down. It is hard to stay motivated like you say, I know my little inner voice keeps saying "life's for living, you've lost so much, what harm will one takeaway do? " :)

Thank you everyone! My spirits are lifted so much already.

I so hope I stick this and get to my target

If you want to get to target then you must control your urges, write a food diary, stick to a pre-planned menu, only buy the ingredients for these food menu's & you will get there! Been there, done it!
I got stuck when only 1/2 lb from target & it took several weeks to get there but I did it & you feel great when you get there.
Go for it, make it your priority, then you can treat yourself within limits!
Pete

I am in the same boat too. Subscribing. It's so hard when you are near target. The Sun's out which is motivating. We can do this. A couple of hard weeks and we'll be at target. Come on! !

I'm the same I was 1lb away from target in January then things just started to get in the way....head just wasn't in it....now after holiday im practically back to where I started! I'm starting back to class tomorrow...3rd tine lucky I will do it!! :D x

I'm 4 pounds off target and as I'm quite tall I keep telling myself well 4 pounds isn't going to make a blind difference to what I look like so keep slipping back into old habits!
I know I could call target now but I'm so fixated on a certain weight grrrrr

I was the same when I got to a weight that I would have been fairly happy with but not where I ultimately wanted to be iyswim. I had a week off. Maintained and then got straight back at it to get to the weight I had decided was target. I needed that break because I had been so good for so long. It really helped, although my body didn't seem to like it much. That made it easier to get back on the wagon. This may not work for everyone but it was the push I needed to then lose the rest. Hope that helps. You can do it. The end is in sight!

Had 2lbs on this week at WI - talk about a kick up the arse! I was so shocked, the most I've put on since I started was 1/2lb the week before my Star Week! The motivation is out in force, and I am absolutely determined to at least get that 2lb off next week!

Day one of being good done. My youngest son 16 months was up till gone midnight so I'm tired hopefully will make good food choices today

Back