Small loss! Boo Hoo

scotwannabethin

Back to the grindstone!!
Feeling a bit low today. Went to class last night after not having been there for 2 weeks and very dissapointed at just 2.5lbs loss. I have been good, same as normal but yet the weight seems not to be coming off!
I know it will probably even out but I usually only have 2-3lbs a week so this is a bit of a blow.
I am still sticking to it and I don't intend doing anything silly but it doesn't help that lots of folk are now beginning to do the whole "when are you stopping?" "haven't you lost enough?" "isn't it about time you started to eat again?" thing.
That and hubby thinks that it is just my body trying to tell me that I have done enough. Argghhh!!
Someone tell me it will be ok!!!! Please!!!!!

I've lost 4lbs in the last two weeks which is a bit disappointing, especially since I started like a runaway train.

However, I haven't been as good with my cycling over that period. So this week I'm going all out for weight loss to perk me up again before the new year.

I have a treadmill and they are really good. It will probably help as exercise always does.

Good girl for not giving up - think positive you are still going down.

Well done for being positive. Like all diets I think sometimes you DO slow down towards the end. I'm not near my own goal yet, but I am within my healthy BMI now and wearing size 10-12 clothes, and it seems to have slowed right down. Only 0.8lbs last week and I think I'll be lucky to have lost 2.5 this week. I've done nothing different food/water wise and actually had a very active weekend - so I SHOULD have lost tons! However, like you, I refuse to give in and know that a bad loss is usually followed by a good one (see my weekly count).

It also helps to work out your average loss over the time you have been dieting (which for me is getting on for 4lbs a week) and think of the bigger picture. Besides, how many other diets have you done that make you lose THIS much in such a short time?

Keep positive.

Im sure it will pick up soon we all have had a week or so with a small loss, in my case sometimes a slight gain

Tough luck, Scot. It's hard to keep up the enthusiasm when you have a bad week, though you're really not alone. Everybody's right when they tell you to look at the big picture. You can't do much about it except drink a bit more water. I've never cheated but have had two 'plateau' periods where I haven't lost much for two or three weeks. Once I even gained (how unfair is that???). Just hang on in there and you will be rewarded in the end!

Hi sorry you are feeling low. I am the same! I lose very slowly too. I dont exercise apart from walking so maybe I need to do more of that. So I think if you use your treadmill it will help.

I was thinking a bit like your hubby maybe this is my natural weight and where my body wants to be so thats something to consider too. Otherwise keep plodding along you WIL get there.... eventually and I suppose thats good enough considering this is your last ever diet you will never be in this position again. Thats what I try to always tell myself *hugs*

Human psychology is a weird one though isn't it?

I had a small loss a couple of weeks ago and lost motivation and had another small loss this week. However, for some reason that seems to have galvanised me into action this week. I have been on the exercise bike at least once a day, drank more water, avoided all caffeine and am even staying away from the bars this week.

Hopefully I'll make up for the small losses this week with a nice big one and soar past that three stone mark :D

Yeah, I think we need to accept the highs and the lows as they come. Its not easy though. The good thing is that we know that if we go back to eating as we did, we DEFINTELY won't lose any more weight, but by staying on the programme, we definitely WILL lose the weight.

Keep stong.

Hi Scot

I can see by your ticker you have been doing very well!! ANd that you are getting very close to your goal. Your husband might be right to a degree, that your body is saying, OK....we're there!! Or nearly!! And it is slowing down on the loss - that happens a lot - the less you have to lose, at the end, the harder it is to come off!! But it will, as evidence by all the successes here, and I know you are going to be one of those successes too.

Focus on the fact that it was a loss, period. At least not a gain or staying the same, ay?

Hang tough - you are nearly there!!!!! That must be so exciting!!! You can do it!

it seems to have slowed right down. Only 0.8lbs last week and I think I'll be lucky to have lost 2.5 this week. I've done nothing different food/water wise and actually had a very active weekend - so I SHOULD have lost tons! However, like you, I refuse to give in and know that a bad loss is usually followed by a good one (see my weekly count).

Well, I was right. FIVE pounds this week!!!:D

Still having small losses here - 1lb last week, which prompted some unChristmassy language, I can tell you. However, I can now wear my friend's kindly donated size 14 trousers (she was on LL too and is now about a size 10) so I've been getting slimmer even though I haven't lost much weight. So cling to that, peeps.

Back