Smarties Cookies

lt52

Silver Member
Ok so i tried Rolo Muffins, Smarties Muffins and became inspired to try out Smarties Cookies.

They are exactly the same as the muffin based recipe but i flattened them out in hopes it would make a crispy-ier base.

They weren't that great, its a shame, they looked better going into the oven than coming out. I might have to try not over cooking the smarties too - the shell made them taste a bit funny.

Gutted but i'm glad i tried - 2.5 syns each and so not worth it!

Lee

DSC_0002.JPG DSC_0004.JPG

I admire you for trying!

Why not look in the baking aisle of your usual supermarket for chocolate drops and butterscotch 'bits' which are designed to be incorporated into baked goods? They might not be quite so convenient as you'll need to weigh how much you use in order to calculate the Syns, but they'll taste better and may be more cost effective as well.

When the cookies come out of the oven are they soft then harden up. If so you could put the smarties on after the cookies are baked. :)

Love seeing all the different things you are trying to bake.

Thank you! Yeah its difficult as i don't think they would stick - when i made the 'muffin/cakes' they were ok and i had crushed them up and mixed them in - maybe that would help too. They just weren't that nice so i reckon its a fail on all accounts.

I'm out of inspiriation so i shall see what the week brings...

I love how you have a go though Lee... practice makes perfect! ;) I made some Cherry Bakewell Muffins the other day and they were not too bad :)

Last edited:
I love have you have a go though Lee... practice makes perfect! ;) I made some Cherry Bakewell Muffins the other day and they were not too bad :)

Ooooo now you got me excited - i do love a cherry bakewell. It would have a lot to live up to cuz i think id rather eat one i haven't had to make. If it felt like a 'make do' or substitute too much, i wouldn't really be in to it.

Lol... trust me...wasn't a patch on a Mr Kiplings!...lol.. But I did get 5 out the batch for the grand total of 1.5 syns and I think with some more tweaking they could be nicer! ;)
cherry 3.jpg

Lol... trust me...wasn't a patch on a Mr Kiplings!...lol.. But I did get 5 out the batch for the grand total of 1.5 syns and I think with some more tweaking they could be nicer! ;)
View attachment 168634

Oooo They do look good! Maybe it could happen lol. Yeah Mr Kipling is waaaaay too cook for me to ever even put a patch to lol. And Cherry Muller light - its like i've crawled out of a cave - consider me inspired!

Back