SW Smash Cripsy/Breaded Chicken

Celery salt is the key to a good spice mix for chicken. It's basically the ingredient that makes southern fried chicken so good. That, black pepper and smoked paprika make a lovely spice mix.

Ooh, I do like the sound of that! I've only recently discovered smoked paprika and have started adding it to things to give them some depth. I used it in my meatballs recently and I think it added something to it without it being a dominant flavour profile.

I think peri peri chillies would work wonderfully with this, although, personally, I would be tempted to pan fry this with some fry light to get some colour on to it, and perhaps retain some moisture. I am not hugely confident about oven cooking chicken as I can never tell when it's done and I always end up overlooking it!

Ooh, I do like the sound of that! I've only recently discovered smoked paprika and have started adding it to things to give them some depth. I used it in my meatballs recently and I think it added something to it without it being a dominant flavour profile.

I think peri peri chillies would work wonderfully with this, although, personally, I would be tempted to pan fry this with some fry light to get some colour on to it, and perhaps retain some moisture. I am not hugely confident about oven cooking chicken as I can never tell when it's done and I always end up overlooking it!

It depends what you are doing, the breasts i did for 50 minutes and they were slightly over, the strips i did for 30 and they were a lot over lol. Just cut one in half, if its pink you know you messed up lol.

I do like smoked paprika and on meatballs - now that is a good idea!

Smoked paprika is amazing in a chilli. We use it as part of a rub for chicken too (i.e. just chicken breast pieces, not breaded), with celery salt, oregano, Franks hot sauce, lazy garlic, salt & black pepper.

Ooo so many uses I wouldn't think in a chilli. But yeah nice! Thanks

Definitely try it in chilli, gives it this aged smoky taste. We've just made a huge pot of chilli and got 6 meals (12 portions) out of it ready to freeze :D

Oooo and i can freeze it too...... blimey, i so need to get back on the band wagon of batch cooking and freezing but i'm so not with it

Anyone batch cooking pound land is fab for plastics pots an the tinfoil trys with lids did the shopping today an forgot to get smash opposes

Ooo fab thanks for the tips.... I wish there were pound lands and shops closer to me it would help a lot!

Back