Smash - Buttery

Rachelsilver1985

anyone know if this has synns in it? I know plain doesnt but just wondering

I was told Smash and Smash Buttery were no longer free and were 0.5 syns per 100g made up. :s

I checked the Syns online and it said it was free, i used Smash as manufacturer and buttery as product and it came up free. Don't let others wreck your diet!

Last edited:
But if Slimming World says it's free why go looking for trouble? I didn't mean you were trying to wreck it.

Oh sorry, I see what you mean now, but the question was about the buttery Smash not the others,so I only looked up the Buttery
But here's the info anyway

Smash, Buttery, made up with water, dried, 100g made up Free 3 Free
Smash, Cheddar & Onion, made up with water, dried, 100g made up ½ 3 ½
Smash, Original, made up with water, dried, 100g made up Free Free
Smash, Original, New Recipe with Full Cream Milk, dried, 88g sachet 1 14½ 1
Smash, Original, New Recipe with Full Cream Milk, made up with water, dried, 100g made up ½ 3 ½

Because apparently the only one you can actually buy now is the one that is synned. The old formula that was syn free is no longer available in the shops. They all say new improved formula on the packet.

ETA because our threads overlapped - I haven't seen the buttery one on the shelf lately either, so perhaps that is also being discontinued.

I just bought normal smash. It says improved recipe on it but cream isn't mentioned anywhere so I'm going to assume it's the free one?

The only ingredients I recognise are potato and salt. The rest are all chemical sounding :s

Because apparently the only one you can actually buy now is the one that is synned. The old formula that was syn free is no longer available in the shops. They all say new improved formula on the packet.

ETA because our threads overlapped - I haven't seen the buttery one on the shelf lately either, so perhaps that is also being discontinued.

I ordered it from Tesco this week, coming today so I'll let you know.:D

I just bought normal smash. It says improved recipe on it but cream isn't mentioned anywhere so I'm going to assume it's the free one?

The only ingredients I recognise are potato and salt. The rest are all chemical sounding :s

it is full cream milk rather than cream itself.
Looking at these sites it looks like the synnable packet just says "improved recipe" on it

Ocado: Smash Instant Mashed Potato (Product Information)

Smash Original (88g) in ASDA | mySupermarket

But really the syns are so low it's not worth stressing out over.

it is full cream milk rather than cream itself.
Looking at these sites it looks like the synnable packet just says "improved recipe" on it

Ocado: Smash Instant Mashed Potato (Product Information)

Smash Original (88g) in ASDA | mySupermarket

But really the syns are so low it's not worth stressing out over.

Not stressed, just good to know. That was the packet I had but I only had 100g for 2 portions so according to the above post I had half of half a syn. :rolleyes: Haha I'll count it as a full half just in case but it's frustrating when products go from being free to synable. Especially as I only really thought about smash the other day when I wanted Quorn Cottage pie but couldn't be bothered to peel, chop and mash. When I found out it was free I was all excited... Oh well suppose that is what happens when you come late to a party. Still a very lazy cottage pie was made and it twas yummy and tasted far higher in syns than just 0.5! :D

Back