Smash pizza - found loads of threads about this but not the recipe!

Syn Free Smash Pizza
Base:-
Bag of sainsburys smash
250ml water
Tsp salt
Topping:-
Passata
Veg
Mixed herbs
42g low fat cheese

Cook base 15 mins each side at 190 degrees then add sauce and toppings

Hi littlekitten :),

I have recipe for a syn free pizza if you are interested. The link to the recipe is in my signature, so is the pic :D .

Kay xx

Pete’s Pizza (Revisited)
Serves 2
Ingredients
125g Instant mash (ff)
1 Red onion, sliced thinly (s) (sff)
1tbsp dried chives
1tbsp basil
Shake of garlic salt
Shake of black pepper

Toppings
45g Mozzarella cheese (1Hea) or 7syns for 50g
45g Reduced fat Cheddar (1Hea) or 7syns for 50g
6 slices Chorizo sausage (0.5syn each slice)
6 tbsp. passata (s) (sff)
1tbsp Worcester sauce
1 tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp. tomato puree
Pineapple slices (s) (sff) (0.5syn)

Method
Cook the onion until soft & set aside.
Make up the instant mash as per the packet instructions, add the onion & seasoning, mix well, leave for a few minutes, and adjust the mix until it is “dough” like. On a clean, flat surface place the mix, cover in Clingfilm & rollout until about 5-8mm thick, remove the Clingfilm and using a bowl the same size as your small frying pan cut around, continue until you have used up the mix, reworking any left over.
In a small frying pan, cook each one until lightly browned and free in the frying pan to move, turnover and repeat, remove and leave on a cake rack to cool.
Mix the Passata, Worcester sauce, balsamic vinegar & tomato puree together, then coat each base, add the cheddar, shared between all of them, add your topping, then finish with Mozzarella. Preheat the oven to 200C and cook for 20-30 mins until the cheese has melted but not burnt!

Mini Pizza (Small).JPGMini Pizza-2 (Small).JPGMini Pizza-3 (Small).JPGMini Pizza-4 (Small).JPGMini Pizza-5 (Small).JPG

Hi Littlekitten, :)

That's what I love about minimins, everyone is here to help, there's something for everyone. Now you have a choice of 2, a cauliflower base pizza which is free on all plans and a smash pizza free on EE and green. The more the merrier lol :D .

Kay xx

Wow! You lot are great! Thanks so much, I might even give this a go tonight! Friday night is a perfect night to try pizza out don't you think?

Thanks guys :D :D :D

Hi Littlekitten, :)

That's what I love about minimins, everyone is here to help, there's something for everyone. Now you have a choice of 2, a cauliflower base pizza which is free on all plans and a smash pizza free on EE and green. The more the merrier lol :D .

Kay xx

Hi Kay,

That is what's great about this site. You are all very helpful :D

xx

Hi Kay,

That is what's great about this site. You are all very helpful :D

xx

Your welcome, do check out pete's recipe thread, he's a star, he's helped so many out on here with his recipes. The link is in his signature. Happy cooking whichever one you choose to make :p !

Kay xx

I had a go at the pizza, the cauliflower base one. I don't think I cooked the base long enough because It didn't hold brilliantly in all places. I should have taken a picture! Gonna try the potatoes one next time.

I did myself a "take away" on Friday night, pizza, SW KFC, SW breaded mushrooms, SW BBQ beans and SW chips! Lush. Although I have to admit it took me AGES! It was worth it though.

Hi Littlekitten :p,

Sometimes it takes a few trys to get the consistency right, it's the water cheese and egg that help bind it together and then of course the right amount of cooking time to firm the base. But I'm glad you tried it out. The smash pizza is great too, i'm sure you'll enjoy it. Do post some pics. Well done on the Friday night `take away' all sounds very yummy indeed :D !

Kay xx

Back