Smash Pizza?

wow, thanks all for your responses.

i made this over the weekend, and i actually quite enjoyed it :)

i said in my initial post that i was aware that it was a tweak............... but it stopped me having actual pizza, therefor actually saving me syns :)

x

If you read the statement above from SW it doesn't say that using instant mash as a pizza base means it must be synned, it only said when used as a sauce thickener. I have contacted SW with my recipe and will wait for their reply!
At approx 25g per pizza that's less than I would mix & eat as a portion of mash & the only difference is that I cook & brown the mix, I don't see that you have to syn potatoes when used as chips because you have cooked them in a oven.......
It has always been a grey area, both my consultants have said it's free, others say it's not! Lets see if I get a reply..........

Sorry Pete Im not sure how much clearer it can be! It says in the title "are smash pizzas free?" and then the first line of the response is "you might be disappointed to hear they are not" lol

If you read the statement above from SW it doesn't say that using instant mash as a pizza base means it must be synned, it only said when used as a sauce thickener. I have contacted SW with my recipe and will wait for their reply!
At approx 25g per pizza that's less than I would mix & eat as a portion of mash & the only difference is that I cook & brown the mix, I don't see that you have to syn potatoes when used as chips because you have cooked them in a oven.......
It has always been a grey area, both my consultants have said it's free, others say it's not! Lets see if I get a reply..........

Have you heard back from them yet please?

No I am still waiting! Nothing unusual, they have never answered any E-mails that I have sent.........

That isn't the point. I don't think it has been clarified properly.
Yes I also think for a large organisation they are atrocious for answering emails unless it is something easy as I am still waiting two weeks on for an answer about Lactofree soft cheese which isn't listed and I wanted to know if I could use it as a hex since I am meant to be Lactofree due to my Crohns.
I provided all the nutritional information had the automated reply and nothing so far which I think is very rude

I agree that they should answer their emails but I disagree that it hasn't been clarified.
It clearly says in the quote from the website that smash pizza is not free. Yes it also mentions using smash for thickening sauce or gravy but this is just another example in the answer to the smash pizza/lasagne crisps etc question.
Obv it can't list every way that smash may be misused but the underlying point is that it is not free unless it is used as intended- as mashed potato.

Back