Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Smelling bad

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by Seraphine, 18 January 2011 Social URL.

1. Seraphine

Seraphine Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(9.18%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Help! Even though I've been LCing for about 8 months, I've not had this happen. I've got major ketone-itis... I smell really yucky! I'm only a few days into ketosis (after a restart) and I smell like a runner who never washes... frequent showers and lots of water isn't helping.

I'm going to become a social pariah! I work in close contact with people and am mortified.

Any advice? Just push through it and hope it goes away? MORE water? Help! :(

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Ah well, I had it bad for about the first 2 weeks on induction Sera, I just washed my armpits frequently during the day. One thing I did find was that using spray and perfumes and stuff made it worse.

4. -FJ-

-FJ- Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(12.77%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    I've noticed during the first week or so of ketosis I tend to be a tad sweaty like...

Normally goes away, must depend on the person though.

I find if I work up a sweat it goes away quicker, ie if I work out more, maybe I sweat the stink out?

Hehe!

5. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    I think drinking loads of water helps as well :)

6. ladyfelsham

ladyfelsham Clean green leafy machine

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    23st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(3.27%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting and MFP
    Sera I stopped using chemical deodorants, seemed to react badly with ketosis - and still does at times!

7. Seraphine

Seraphine Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(9.18%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    I've always needed something fairly strong - I've lived in the UK for 12 years, and I STILL import in Degree antipersperant because I've never found anything here that helps.

Odour is not usually an issue for me - but the last few days I feel like I can scare people from 50 paces. I've not changed soaps or laundry powder, my clothes are clean, I'm showering twice a day. I'm increasing my water intake so much I'm peeing every 30 minutes :) (sorry if TMI!) I'll just try to keep it at bay and hopefully it will stop. I just haven't had it like this before, even though I was in ketosis a good chunk of last year.

Thanks for the help, guys :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.