Smiley's Diary

SmileyMan

OK, so it's Day 2 today. Yesterday went better than expected - was not nearly as hungry as I thought I might be. Had a good session of throwing away food that I'm not going to need, which was satisfying. Breakfast was a strawberry shake, which was nice (although the wheaty aftertaste is a bit grim) and dinner was a chocolate shake. I'm not a big fan of chocolate flavoured stuff in general, but this was better than I hoped. Certainly no need to take it back.

Felt very weird when I first woke up this morning - all my limbs felt too long, so in my head my hands were somewhere yards away! It soon passed, but I've never felt like that before, so I'll put it down to the diet for now. Probably something to do with changing electrolyte levels.

Breakfast was the vanilla shake, which I think I liked the best of all, but I like all three flavours, which is a huge bonus to having a tiny bit of variety.

Mid morning now, and feeling bloated. Bad moment when I got to work and the person before me in the lift had had a bacon sandwich :( which is just about the most tempting smell there is. Definitely need to drink more water at work - I'm feeling a bit self-conscious about having a big bottle on my desk, but I'm going to face up to that today and just make it part of who I am. Three small vending machine cups of black coffee shouldn't be too much to deal with either.

Onwards and thinwards!

Gargh! Not going well this afternoon. Rumbling tummy (not hunger pangs, just quietly growling away like a dog that is tolerating a visitor) and a nasty taste like bile in the mouth. My body's definitely twigged that something's going on!

Massive test coming up - Friday night journey home without the customary McD's drive-through. Just have to not turn the wheel! Luckily I had the sense to chuck away the chewing gum in the car yesterday. Unfortunately, I have to stop for petrol and screenwash, which means going in to the shop.

SmileyMan said:
Gargh! Not going well this afternoon. Rumbling tummy (not hunger pangs, just quietly growling away like a dog that is tolerating a visitor) and a nasty taste like bile in the mouth. My body's definitely twigged that something's going on!

Massive test coming up - Friday night journey home without the customary McD's drive-through. Just have to not turn the wheel! Luckily I had the sense to chuck away the chewing gum in the car yesterday. Unfortunately, I have to stop for petrol and screenwash, which means going in to the shop.

Hi Smiley, welcome to the lipotrim world, I have been 12 days now and you will feel great once u get to day 4 promise. Be strong and read some of the success stories on here you will find them very encouraging.
Have an early night or read the stories it will help you through your weekend :)

Stay on this forum for the weekend, it really helped me

Looks like Day 3 is going to be the 'tired and hungry' day. Drove straight past McD's last night, and just bought petrol from the garage. got home to find the family had left plates of half-eaten lasagne all over the place - thanks guys!

Woke up really early, so had to wait a couple of hours before having a strawberry shake for breakfast. I'm getting better at mixing them up now, and the shaking is a great exercise regime. Already yawning, and felt a bit light-headed while out and about this morning. Feel hungry already though and it's only mid-morning, so today could be tough going. A nice black coffee should help.

Hi smileyman,

Make sure you keep drinking water as believe it or not it suppresses the appetite& well done for not going to the mcd's drive through yesterday :)
I'm on day 5, I felt a bit rough for first few days but trust me it gets better & use this forum for support it's ace :) x

Well done on passing the McD test keep it up

The dreaded/revered Day IV...

Last night I cooked the family a healthy dinner, while I chugged down a shake. Really hard to do - I found that consciously resistng the food was easy, but once again it was the unconscious stuff - taking a pinch of grated cheese, or tasting a piece of ham, or snaffling a mini samosa.

I put half a teaspoon of coffee in the vanilla shake which made it about four thousand times nicer. I don't want to do that every time, because I appreciate that the blandness is all about resetting my palate to normal, but it's nice to know you can do it occasionally on a bad day.

Woke up this morning significantly less hungry than yesterday, which is hopeful. Half past eight and I'm thinking 'should have a shake now' rather than yesterdays major craving for food. I'll have a choccy shake for breakfast. I had a sneaky jump on the scales (I know!) but I won't say wha they read because the pharmacist's are the only ones that matter, but I already weigh the least I've done this year.

Onwards and thinwards!

Well done smiley man! Your doing great! Keep it up it's gets easier :) lots of support on here :)

week 1 -10lbs

SmileyMan said:
The dreaded/revered Day IV...

Last night I cooked the family a healthy dinner, while I chugged down a shake. Really hard to do - I found that consciously resistng the food was easy, but once again it was the unconscious stuff - taking a pinch of grated cheese, or tasting a piece of ham, or snaffling a mini samosa.

I put half a teaspoon of coffee in the vanilla shake which made it about four thousand times nicer. I don't want to do that every time, because I appreciate that the blandness is all about resetting my palate to normal, but it's nice to know you can do it occasionally on a bad day.

Woke up this morning significantly less hungry than yesterday, which is hopeful. Half past eight and I'm thinking 'should have a shake now' rather than yesterdays major craving for food. I'll have a choccy shake for breakfast. I had a sneaky jump on the scales (I know!) but I won't say wha they read because the pharmacist's are the only ones that matter, but I already weigh the least I've done this year.

Onwards and thinwards!

Hi smiley, your doing great, keep going ;-)

Welcome Ian and I see you are doing well which is great and have started your own diary and I am a fan already!

I loved reading your introduction posts and I am putting the link here so that you can remind yourself of your goals when you stumble on those times and feel it tough going!

http://www.minimins.com/introductions/283128-next-stop-armani.html

Wishing you all the best on your weight loss journey!

Woke up at 4am to the sounds of screaming. Luckily it was just a weird Mexican horror movie!!! Note to self - turn off Film 4 before going to sleep.

What a great day yesterday. Didn't feel hungry at all, apart from a sort of constant mild sense of 'hungryishness' - as if I'm going to be hungry in half an hour's time, but the half hour never comes. Survived the weekly food shop (free samples on the deli counter were a nasty trap!) with relative ease - made a complete list before going and stuck to it, which saves time, saves money and saves me thinking about food. Then cooked a roast for the family, all good fresh ingredients (organic chicken and veg, and home-made stuffing) while one of the girls made a home-made cake for pudding - chocolate cake with a flake topping. Didn't even feel like slipping once, except for a leftover roast tattie, which I quickly gave to the dog.

They all sat and ate it while I washed up. Unfortunately, in the weird logic of women, this is somehow still the wrong thing to do. Blimey girls, would it not kill you to just accept something good when it comes along?

Only side effect was having to sit down and have a half hour's rest in the afternoon, but otherwise I feel much more energetic in general. I think it's partly a mental thing - already feeling like a fit and healthy person, so for instance if I remember I've left something upstairs, instead of groaning about it, or sending one of the kids to fetch it, I just quickly jump up and go and get it myself. I really feel like a key part of this transformation is to identify all those 'habits of a lazy person' and eliminate them from my life.

I'm really enjoying re-educating the way that the family eats. It's ironic that just as I stop eating completely, they are all being given a really healthy, sensible diet. I really wish I could be with them (especially home-made flake cake :D ), but my journey has a different path to theirs, even though the destination is the same. If anyone asks me what I'm looking forward to eating most when I finish the diet, then the answer is 'with my family'

Hope I don't accidentally leave the 'with' off!

Anyway, Day V is here, and I already know it's going to be a breeze - I feel super-positive this morning. Onwards and thinwards!

Morning smiley :)

I thoroughly enjoy reading your diary & it's a great to see the changes you are already making on your journey to success & I'm feel same as you, once I've reached my goal, I can't wait to have a meal with my partner :) all the best for today :) x

Excellent diary entry smiley your really motivating me to!!
I'm doing online shopping.. Just a suggestion if you think you can't deal with the free samples!! But great going your coping really well :)

week 1 -10lbs

Hi, I'm glad things are settling down for you Smiley :D First weigh in is nearly here and I hope the scales are kind for you ;)

I don't think the scales will be 'kind' for a while yet. But I am going to have lost weight for sure; I know that from sneaking a look at the home scales on Saturday. When I was talking to the two youngest kids about why I was doing this (they're 13 and 10, so it's best to just be honest) I told them that when I have lost all the weight, if I carry them both, one on each shoulder, I'll weigh the same. Of course, they immediately wanted to weigh me and are looking forward to the conclusion of that experiment.

Found a fun activity - find all the texts from pizza shops, and sent the 'stop sending me any more texts' codes. Very satisfying.

Tried the vanilla shake warm for breakfast - bleurgh! Sticking to cold shakes from now on. Had a weird 'dry throat' feeling all day that wouldn't go away with drinking. Still not drinking enough at work though; multiple loo trips is never a good image. Very glad I went along to the ante natal classes back in the day and learned the pelvic floor exercises :D

Have also found that one of the more unpleasant biological effects of being so overweight is already subsiding; I won't go into details in case anyone's eating their tea (LipoTrimmers joke hahahah) but it's an excellent development and a real spur to keep going. But to be honest, I feel so much brighter and more energetic, no spur is required at the moment. I'll stick it in the motivation bank for a rainy day.

Day VI

Rest of yesterday went without a hitch, although the 'lump in the throat' feeling didn't go away until I got home and drank a big bottle of water. Must make more of an effort at work. I had a pain all day in my lower abdomen, but I'm pretty sure it was muscular (I did a lot of sports in my youth, and I know what a muscle strain feels like). It's gone this morning.

Cold fingers and toes isn't nice. Just have to accept it as a good sign that my body's burning fat now. Don't feel hungry at all; I didn't have my morning shake until 9. Strawberry today, couldn't face a chocolate shake.

Best thing of all is that some of the puffiness in my calves has gone. Still got cankles, but my shins are already starting to feel the benefits of the diet. Mostly water, of course, but still on the 'get rid of it' list.

Wish this weather would clear up so I could try walking to work instead of driving. Can't believe I'm wearing a wollen tank top in July!

This weather is so bad!! That's what I keep saying about the walking but it doesn't look likely huh! Reacon this diet would be so much easier if we had some sunshine if only for our mood!!
Btw day 11 and my cankles have gone lol just a few more days!

week 1 -10lbs

Back