Smiling!

AJB, sorry just spotted that you have lost over a stone and a half. good work.

Im still not convinced about exercise, as much as I have enjoyed the cycling...the more I cycle the slower the rate of loss. Im putting it down to muscle gain, but I do feel happier and fitter and that is why im doing this.

The reason I haven't been spinning is because you burn between 400-700 calories a class. So with only eating 500 calories a day on LL didn't think it would be such a good idea.

So hope it goes ok AJB, let me know how it goes!
xx

The reason I haven't been spinning is because you burn between 400-700 calories a class. So with only eating 500 calories a day on LL didn't think it would be such a good idea.

So hope it goes ok AJB, let me know how it goes!
xx
really?? that is loads.

dont suppose you know what cycling does by any chance?

Yep I remember seeing that a class burns 500 calories on a poster when they first launched spinning over here years ago.

Anyway, I did the class tonight :D I took it easy and didn't push myself to the limit - just listened to my body - felt so good to work up a sweat though and the buzz afterwards made me feel I could take on the world - brilliant!

Just wonder if that buzz will be enough to keep me going through a slow down in my rate of loss - as it's not been super speedy as it is - though I am still on track for the standard 3 stone loss in Foundation - think I would forgo the possibility of losing more if it meant I was fitter and more toned - weight loss means nothing if you can't run for a bus without passing out :)

FF, sorry not sure about cycling/calories burned, try MapMyRide.com - Map your Cycling, Compete against Lance in the Tour de France Challenge, Tour de France Maps, Bike Map and Mountain Biking Routes and join our Cycling Community of Cyclists. Cycling GPS for Cycling Social Network, iPhone, Topo Maps, E i use the sister website mapmyrun, it's really easy to use as you can create a training log. Then you map where you go, bit like google maps. You can enter how long it took you, your weight etc. and it works out how many calories you've burned. Plus you can save all your routes, so it makes keeping the training log really easy, and you can see how many calories you've burned in a month, and how far you've cycled!

AJB completely understand the dilemma, i've really upped my activity levels in the past few weeks and am looking forward to my weigh in on Thursday, but I know the weigh in could go two ways, either by increasing my activity i'll have lost more than usual, or my body will have gone into panic mode and i'll have lost less...will just have to wait and see! But like you said, it's better to be fit and healthy!

FF, sorry not sure about cycling/calories burned, try MapMyRide.com - Map your Cycling, Compete against Lance in the Tour de France Challenge, Tour de France Maps, Bike Map and Mountain Biking Routes and join our Cycling Community of Cyclists. Cycling GPS for Cycling Social Network, iPhone, Topo Maps, E i use the sister website mapmyrun, it's really easy to use as you can create a training log. Then you map where you go, bit like google maps. You can enter how long it took you, your weight etc. and it works out how many calories you've burned. Plus you can save all your routes, so it makes keeping the training log really easy, and you can see how many calories you've burned in a month, and how far you've cycled!

AJB completely understand the dilemma, i've really upped my activity levels in the past few weeks and am looking forward to my weigh in on Thursday, but I know the weigh in could go two ways, either by increasing my activity i'll have lost more than usual, or my body will have gone into panic mode and i'll have lost less...will just have to wait and see! But like you said, it's better to be fit and healthy!
ta for that. looks a good site.

ill see if i can learn my way around it.

Yeh takes a bit to figure it all out, but once you crack it it's brilliant!

Well done on the spinning AJB. Dont know about slowing the weight loss down. Im down 6 and half stone in 20wks and I wouldnt miss my spinning class for anyone. My weight loss is averaging out - 4.5lb per week. On a Monday night I do 1hr abs, then 1hr pump and then 1hr spin and i feel amazing afterwards. Not for everyone but just listen to your body and enjoy.
Hannah you are doing so well. I think the further into the diet we go and the more we loose - we just cant sit still and thats why we turn to exercise.

Know what you mean AJB.
My husband had never known me as a slim person and we'd been married for 12 years before I did LL.
One day after I reached goal he said he heard a funny noise in the house - then realised it was me running upstairs!!!:kissass:

IWGT I'm so glad to hear that you've averaged out decent losses while exercising as I went spinning again tonight! Wasn't sure whether I would feel up to it so had my gym bag in the boot of my car just in case - I have to drive past the gym to get home so thought I'd decide on route - found myself whizzing into the car park and bouncing up the stairs to class - finally I've got this energy that everyone raves about :D

I spoke to my LL counsellor last night - as my mum has become concerned about the amount of exercise im doing. Anyway LL counsellor asked me do i ever get dizzy, i said no. Do i ever feel faint or sick - again i said no. Do i feel like i have no energy - again i said no. She told me to carry on. If im genuinely feeling good and have so much energy work away. Guess its all about listening to our own bodies. I am totally addicted to the gym now and my classes. Am like a bear if I miss. Yesterday morning I did an hr in gym before work and then a body pump class after my LL class and felt brilliant when i got home.

Yay! Welcome back IWGT missed you :)
Glad to hear you've got the go ahead from LLC about exercising! I'm still keeping up with my spinning and body pump classes and feel fab! Only got a 2lb weight loss last week so will see how I get on this week but I think regardless I will carry on exercising as it makes me feel great :D

Had loads of people at work warning me of the pitfalls of exercising so much on so little calorie intake but I feel fine and on days when I don't feel up to it I don't go - simple! Seriously considering signing up for a 10k Cancer Research run in October - will see how I get on running next week before taking the plunge!

I am itching to get into the gym!!! With it being the holidays I have my boy with me all day and I only have off peak membership and I feel bored and fidgety!!!

Hi IWGT
You must be doing something right - look at all those little WOO men on your ticker and you say you are feeling great after exercising. Compare that with how things were before LL.
No contest. No problem xxxx

Thanks AJB and SB. Feels good to be back. AJB - when my LL Counseller was explaining to me that it was ok to exercise I asked how can i be doing it when i am taking in so little calories and she told me when you are in ketosis you dont actally use what you take in from your food packs but you actually use your bodys fat store. She told me you have to actually burn 3,500 calories to loose 1lb. Scary stuff.
I am going over to england to do the half marathon next june :D
OH SB I was just looking at my details and have just realised that i am no longer obese. Im overweight :D

Fantastic - congratulations xx
:happy096::happy096::happy096:

I was so wrapped up in my own pity that I didnt even realise. Sooooooooo glad i stayed 100% abstinent now - even when i didnt feel like it.
Linda be patient huni - you will get back to the gym.

Oh my goodness IWGT that's fantastic! Another one out of the obese category - fabulous :D cannot wait for it to be my turn!

Blimey 3500 calories to burn a pound??!! I'd better get on that treadmill pronto!!

Thanks guys. Cant believe im not obese anymore.

Oh another thing that was getting me so down last week was the amount of hair i was shedding. It seemed like loads but couldve been exagerated by my feeling a bit down. It actually scared me. I kept dreaming that i woke up bald.

Back