Smiling!

IWGT, my friend wont say that she thinks I look different either. I'm not sure if it is down to jealousy, but it will certainly be down to her knowing she needs to improve her health. I am not planning to tell her about LL, not just yet. Luckily when I see her it will be a BBQ for her hubby's birthday and there will be other people there so I will be able to avoid the food issue with her if I pretend I've eaten something.

The other reasons I think friends can find it all a bit too uncomfortable is that they are used to us just moaning about life and feeling at the bottom of the pile. But now we are changing, becoming more confident not only in our bodies but in our emotions and how we act and re-act to others. We are changing and they are not, and they will worry that we wont be the "same" friend again.

I've already noticed changes in the way I behave. I'm not such a pushover anymore. I stood up for myself at work last week and refused to accept a negative stroke - I didn't know that was what I had done but once we went through it in group on Sunday a light bulb went off in my head!

I'm looking forward to making more positive changes in my life - I always thought I was strong and assertive but I now know that I was actually coming across as aggressive!

I'm mellowing out - not trying so hard to be liked - as I'm getting more comfortable with being me I don't need to shout to be noticed - its a lot less draining not having to try so hard to make a good impression anymore :)

What a fabulous thread ladies. So many of these issues ring true for many of us.
Certainly our confidence increases and our self esteem. We feel more able to stand up for ourselves and it shocks some people who have got used to being able to constantly put us down.
The psychology is what makes the difference for me. It 's like turning on a switch isn't it? You end up analysing everyone's behaviours as well as your own. It's so fascinating - and I thought I was quite self aware.
AJB - I used to think I had a sharp wit - now I realise that sometimes when I thought I was being clever it could actually be quite cutting.
I do also feel as though I have mellowed and softened. I hope i am a nicer person. I'm certainly 100% happier in myself and that has had a knock on effect on those around me.
I think the CBT says "if you don't value yourself how can you expect others to do so"
Don't you just love LL? I think it's worth every penny.

Indeed I'm finding the CBT invaluable. Like you SB I'd use remarks that I thought were quite witty - now looking back they just sound mean spirited :( I don't like the fact that I wasn't nice in the past but understanding why I behaved in that way is helping me become a nicer person now :)

SB you've hit the nail on the head - the reason I chose LL was because I knew I needed to change the way I saw myself not just on the outside but on the inside - yes there are cheaper alternatives which may work for others but I'm certainly not going to grumble over the extra pounds when its making such a positive difference to my life! You can't put a price on that :D

Today I am smiling, I am happy, I am wearing clothes that have never fitted me properly and now I am having to wear them before they get too big!

I need the counselling, and I need my group and this site.

I too thought I was witty and funny and confident. Now I see I was sometimes hurtful and sharp and aggresive. I now see that those behaviours were the result of my unhappiness with myself.

But today I am smiling! :D

SNAP. Go girls
:girlpower:

I used to be the funny 'fat' girl who made cruel jokes about my size - before anyone else did. Use to pretend the fat comments didnt bother me - when inside I just wanted to die. I walk across the office when I need to instead of my working building up at the side of my desk - so I only had to make one trip. Nothing to do with being lazy but the fact that somehow I felt hidden at my desk as if I was invisible. Who was I kidding!!!!

Oh Linda im keeping my fingers crossed for a big loss tomorrow night cos i had no class last week. Need 3lbs to get 6st so keep everything crossed for me lol x

Whoop whoop I got it. 8lb off and down to 12st 5lb. So excited. My OH and daughter gave me a beautiful white gold cross over ring they bought me at the weekend as a surprise for getting 6st. They both said they knew I was going to get it tonight. Had a lump in my throat. Its gorgeous.

thats a nice treat from your family.

You have lost a third of your body weight and you still wan t to loose more OMG you want to loose over half your bodymass. Best of luck you can do it. I think you should go in the hall of fame...what does everyone else think?

you are amazing

oh my Flex you are making me blush. Hall of Fame. That would def be a priviledge - when I get to my target. I do not feel like the same wee girl who started this journey all them months ago. I feel alive and it feels great:D

Well I think when you get to that overweight BMI (next week or so) I think if others agree, you should go in as a provisional/honourary. You are not done, you must not think the road is complete....but to go from your start BMI to being overweight is such an achiovement. The health benifits from what you have done is amazing.

scary to think how well you have done in such short time (in a human life).

inspiring.

Not sure but think 12st 1lb takes me to being overweight. I think I will cry when I get there. I had so far to come to get down to being just overweight. Its incredible what we can do when we put our minds to something isnt it. I definately think this site is what has kept me motivated and on the straight and narrow.

IWGT you WILL GET THERE.

I couldnt believe it when I saw that I was just overweight. Such a relief to someone who has been trapped and classed as obese all my their life.

come on 4lb this week and thatll be you at 12st 1lb. you go gal.

ANyway im off to snoozy land :nightf: my OH will be wondering what im doing on the computer this late at night. DOnt think she'll be happy knowing im chatting to other women.

LOL but we arent other women - we are your support :D. Nite nite

Back