Smiling!

Lind

Is feeling the love!
I was really stuggling today and have gone all day feeling tired out and hungry and sorry for myself and thinking about the F word.

Then I came on here and read some great and positive posts and now I feel ready to go again!

Thanks everyone! :D

Linda you will get days like that luv. You just gotta make it thru to bedtime when your feeling like that and generally when you get up the next morning that feeling is gone x

Lind I have to do the same thing to stay on track - I'm constantly battling my inner demons that are tempting me to eat - but this site keeps me strong - so that thank you comes from me too guys :)

I woke up this morning and the inner deamons were still in bed! lol
Feeling fit and awake today, done the house work and get plenty of energy.
Wish those deamons would bog off though!! lol

Thanks for the encouragement guys. xx

Hi Linda
I struggled last night too. Doesnt it bring it all back just how big a struggle it is sometimes to stop from eating.

Last night and today are holidays in northern ireland and we normally drink and eat until we are almost sick. Not sure if subconsiously I knew last night I would normally be partyin and that is what threw me. Anyway staying abstinent - just but found it sooooooooo difficult

Glad you're feeling better Lind, we all have those bad days, but getting through them makes us stronger :)

I love this forum, would actually be lost without it. Am really struggling as have no internet at home at the moment as have just moved house, have to sneak onto minimins at work!

IWGT, this is such a roller coaster of a ride.

Still the good thing is I know that I can come on here and someones knows about it and has been there.

I hope you're feeling better today IWGT.

Feeling much better today thanks. Think it was all in my head. So glad i stayed abstinent now or i would be feeling pretty sh*t right now.

Oh Hannah dont know how you are coping with just peeking into minimins at work. I cant check at work at all as our IT Guy checks everything we go into and i dont want him to know. Not that im ashamed - just dont want him reading into my private stuff

Oh Hannah dont know how you are coping with just peeking into minimins at work. I cant check at work at all as our IT Guy checks everything we go into and i dont want him to know. Not that im ashamed - just dont want him reading into my private stuff

Glad you're feeling better IWGT! It is hard only sneaking peeks at work!! Especially as the hardest time for me is when i'm bored in the evenings and would usually be snacking whilst watching telly, but am hopefully getting internet at home on the 21st (if sky stick to their promises!) so it's not for too much longer now.

Keep smiling everyone :) xxxx

Oh Hanmac I'm with you on that one! Sitting with my laptop and checking this forum is now my substitute for snacking in front of tv! My cat's not impressed - the laptop is taking her rightful place during tv time LOL

Exactly! It's amazing how fast time goes when your on this website!
At home I try to get it on my blackberry but 7 days until me and the internet shall be reunited!

Whoever thought a site like this could become so addictive. Its just nice to know if your feeling a bit down that there is always someone there to cheer you up. Think somedays my emotions are all over the place. It takes very little to make me laugh but somedays even less would make me cry. I also live for my Thursday nights to get weighed - its becoming addictive too lol

I get the boost and the support from this site that I wouldn't get from my friends. It's not that they are nasty but they live a long way from me since I moved and they are both big girls. My best friend wouldn't agree with this and would go all out to get me to eat and stop it. And she would tell me it's because she loves me and wants to look after me. I know it's about her not wanting me to change and I also know that she doesn't realise what she does.

You know what Linda - i only have another 3lbs to go to get 6st off and my best friend hasnt even mentioned i have lost anything. I have went from size 28 to size 14 and she hasnt even said a word. Making me think why would she not say anything and if she really is a true friend :sigh:

Maybe she hasn't said anything, but you can be sure she has noticed. Well done you x

IWGT that's awful :( you must be feeling so fed up about your friend not saying anything! Clearly she's noticed and choosing not to praise you! That's a little mean don't you think? Does she need to lose weight herself? Maybe she's just jealous that you've done so well and can't bring herself so say anything nice about the way you look now.

I'm a little concerned about visiting a good friend next week. Like your friend Lind she's likely to try and get me to eat and will no doubt lecture me about how unhealthy this diet is. She said the same when a mutual friend of ours went on LL a couple of years ago and lost 5 stone - we both *****ed about it at the time - I know my feelings at that time were all down to jealousy!

She is the type of person that everytime I started a diet (Like every single Monday - and failed miserably every single Tuesday) would say you are what you are - so why try and change yourself. Just enjoy life. Trouble was I had gotten so down and depressed and was living like a hermit that enjoying life was the last thing I was doing. Many a night I cried myself to sleep - just wishing not to wake up the next day.
Feel like such a bit*h now cos when I look around me at my family and I have the most gorgeous daughter in the world and I would have been prepared to give that all up before sorting out my weight problems. Its so sad to think how my weight problems had clouded my judgement on so many things in my life :sigh:.

IWGT don't beat yourself up over those feelings - having a weight problem can completely take over all your inner thoughts and feelings - I've lost count the amount of times I've looked at my life and said I had "nothing to show for the last 10 years" what I really meant was that I was fed up with being overweight that whole time - trying diet after diet - failing on each on - and having friends tell me I should be "happy as I am" - "life's too short" - "enjoy your life" - when all the while they were just enabling me to gain even more weight and make myself more miserable :(

Thanks AJB. Dont you just wish we had found LL years ago :D.

I did actually look into it a few years ago but when I phoned the girl and she told me the price I nearly wet myself. If I hadda known then what I know now - I wouldve biten her arm off for a place in her group.

I am never ever going back to the way I was before LL

Back