Smiter wanders in

Smiter

Hi my name is Freda and I'm currently attending weight management programme in St Helens and Halton PCT as a precursor to having weight loss surgery. My doctor referred me for surgery in July last year, I attended "Choices" for the first time in October 08. I have completed all appointments with a CBT and she is preparing her report to send off for signature. I am now waiting on the dietician completing with me.

originally the plan was to get a gastric band but it has become more apparent to me through reading up on all the various surgeries that it may not be the best way forward. I will wait and see what the surgeon recommends. (if I ever get to see one).

I've been fat most of my adult life and like most of us have lost weight loads of times but not been able to maintain the loss. (hence the drastic measure). I have had all the pills, tried most of the diets (including Cambridge which was vile) all without success.

I'm looking forward to reading up on this forum and getting to know you all better and maybe actually meeting some of you in real life.

Hi Freda and welcome to the board. There is a surgery section that you'll find helpful.

My Family originated in ST Helens and I have many happy childhood memories of spending holidays there with my Great Gran. She lived on Springfield Road in Thatto Heath. She lived in one of the little miners cottages. Probably all long gone now.

Back