Smoothies

LCCxox

Hi guys,
Quick question, if I was to make a smoothie and say I ate no other fruit (5a day rule) could I have it as free ? This would really help me out I think if I could :)

Xxxxx

yeah technically it does- the 5 a day rule is that although fruit is free, you should have no more than 5 handfuls of fruit a day. Because of the sugar :/

Christie - I just found a recipe on the WW website -it uses 200g strawberries and a banana and 150g fat free yoghurt and it was 2 points. I think the 2 points are for the yoghurt so looks like the fruit is okay blended. Can't say for certain, like I said I'm new to this WW business!

Just for a bit Christie, joined online for 3 months and I to shift my last stone in that time and then go back to my SW ways to maintain.

Enjoyed this week and the different foods :)

Good luck :) ww very good for variety :) I do love both plans :)

My understanding is that if you put it into a smoothie the fruit is free. However, if you juice it then you have to point it - I believe because it affects the fibre content (even if you leave pith/whatever in).

But be VERY careful - it's easy to put far more fruit into a smoothie than you would eat in its original form! WW say as much as you like, but that's assuming you listen to your satiety levels. And generally, fruit in a smoothie doesn't fill you up as much as whole fruit, so make sure you're sensible about it :)

Back