Snacking

jerricebenton

Silver Member
I have been snacking an awful lot today! Luckily I have stayed well within my syns, and used free food as well. But I am worried I have snacked too much!

I have had 2 packets of french fries, 2 mini syn-free scotch eggs, salad, fruit, a mini flake, crabsticks, a heb of crackerbreads & cottage cheese and a mugshot! Thats as well as my 3 meals :(

What do you do on days like this - give in & use your syns & free food and snack as much as you want, or try & reign it in and ignore the snack pangs?

If you've stayed within your syns then you don't have anything to worry about, that is the beauty of SW. I get snacky days too, in fact I had one today, I just snacked on a banana, Ryvita mini's sour cream (they are SO nice, the first packet you think URGH, but they are yummy after a while, I think they should be a HEX! Lots of fibre and hardly any nasties). Anyway, you've followed the plan really well, so don't panic about it. The only thing I will say is maybe you were thirsty instead of hungry, have you made sure you drink lots today? I drink green tea which makes me feel fuller. I am queen of the snackers but have managed not to have any crisps or chocolate since weds!

Nothing wrong with snacking! I eat every three or four hours throughout the day. I just snack on syn free or low syn foods. :) I believe that my body is like a furnace and you need to keep feeding it regularly to keep your metabolism going and burning off calories.

Definitely Circes, my body is like a furnace too (or maybe a hot water cylinder covered in a massive jacket!!)

If you've stayed within your syns then you don't have anything to worry about, that is the beauty of SW. I get snacky days too, in fact I had one today, I just snacked on a banana, Ryvita mini's sour cream (they are SO nice, the first packet you think URGH, but they are yummy after a while, I think they should be a HEX! Lots of fibre and hardly any nasties). Anyway, you've followed the plan really well, so don't panic about it. The only thing I will say is maybe you were thirsty instead of hungry, have you made sure you drink lots today? I drink green tea which makes me feel fuller. I am queen of the snackers but have managed not to have any crisps or chocolate since weds!
Ryvita minis ARE a hex B !!

EVERY day is a snack day on SW!! That's one of the things that sets it apart from the other diets that are available.

IMO so long as you stay within your syns and the other rules, no amount of snacking is too many. Seems that the more you eat, the more you lose on SW - particularly if you are doing some exercise too :)

Back