• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Snacks on INDUCTION

Hello lovely Atkinsers!
Was wondering if I could have some snack ideas for those of us on Induction specifically.
I keep reading about people having pepperami or pepperoni or chopped up hotdog sausages etc but are these really induction friendly? I'd have thought they had a fair bit of sugar or other hidden carbs?
Thanks folks :devilangel:

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

cokes

Silver Member
Cheese crisps too. Grate some of your allowance on to grease proof paper or microwavable tray, bang in the microwave for 2-3 minutes depending on your micro's strength (just experiment). They taste lovely. I make a big one and just snap it into smaller bits. I also add black pepper sometimes, and sometimes a little spring onion. Videos on youtube of how to make them if you get stuck. They satisfy my need for something cripsy though x

Zion

A lot of people have pork scratchings. I don't really like them myself but they're less than 1g of carbs per bag normally.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

ladyfelsham

Clean green leafy machine
I just had a small bag of scratchings this afternoon, I get them in bags of 12 from the Pound Shop - about 0.3carbs per bag.

I also leave lots of meat leftovers in the fridge for something to nibble on. Pork belly strips are great for this.

kittykat6279

Mad Take Thatter!
ahhhhh pork scratchings!! My favourite :) as are baby bels, actually any cheese, just cut a chunk off and munch away! celery with no added sugar peanut butter is yummy too but not for induction. Hartleys no added sugar jellys are great too!

That's great thanks. I'd rather leave the sauagey snacks alone whilst I'm on induction I think as I'm wary of hidden nasties and also becoming too reliant on them. But the ideas above are really really helpful so thank you.:thankyou:
Can I have sugar-free jelly at this stage then? :thinking2:

Cool. Had quite a few cravings already so I may have to treat myself to a sugar-free jelly over the weekend, particularly once 'the flu' sets in, lol :icecream::sigh2::sad0071:

ladyfelsham

Another thing that helped me during the flu was making a hot drink out of chicken or beef stock - I use the Knorr liquid one called Touch of Taste, it's 0.4 carbs per 100ml - don't know why it made me feel better, but I wasn't arguing :D

Zion

ladyfelsham said:
Another thing that helped me during the flu was making a hot drink out of chicken or beef stock - I use the Knorr liquid one called Touch of Taste, it's 0.4 carbs per 100ml - don't know why it made me feel better, but I wasn't arguing :D
Interesting Lady F...I'm gonna give that a try too. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Okay, so now I have two ideas for comfort food during 'the flu'- sf jelly 'n' cream and stock drinks (which I'm guessing are a bit bovril-esque).

Quak

Gold Member
I think it is the salt content of the stock drinks that helps with the flu (from what I remember of the science bit in the book) x

ladyfelsham

Thanks Bren that makes sense :)

Think I need to read the book again - and stop skipping bits, this time :eek:

Bought a big bag of bags (if you see what I mean) of pork crunch from Makro yesterday. Info on the side seems to indicate well under 1 gram of carbs per bag but the ingredients say 'rusk' (which the normal scratchings also said) and they look like cereal snacks/crisps...are they deffo ok? I had a bag yesterday and today, so really hoping so or I've b******d up already!

ladyfelsham

You'll be fine, just include them in your carb count :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Slimming World 2
Ask MiniMins 0
Slimming World 6
Atkins Diet 26
Atkins Diet 8