snails will reach the finish line thread

Well it's day 8 for me so technically weigh day but I forgot to weigh in the morning (fool) but now I'm just going to leave it lol

Hi ladies! I'm going to join the thread as I'm also a slow loser. I know that it will get even slower the closer I am to goal eek!

I have about another 2 stone 6lb to go until I'm at goal. I would love for it to take me 10 weeks like most but I have a feeling it will be 12 or more weeks. Just gotta keep going! The last time I was successful at dieting and got to goal (then got even lower) was 5 years ago and I WILL do it again before this year is out!!!

Hey hunny

I have 8 weeks left but think I will stretch to 12. Soon as I hold under 9 for a week I will start refeeding

Weight off for surgeon.is the first priority :)

I'm not sure how long I've got left! 6lb until my mini goal then another 5 to my main! Just lost 3lb in my restart week so I guess another 3 weeks may be in the cards?!

Two to three weeks I would think, how exciting :) Xx

I know I'm so excited!! Have diet chef products for refeed ready and waiting :) however this is the 3rd time I've almost got I goal so third time lucky?!

Will try and find some before and after photos :)

I was right guessing I would have a tiny loss this week. I only managed to lose 1lb. I'm either retaining water or I'm not eating all my packs properly and it means the scales won't be nice to me lol. Need to sort myself out!

RebekahR said:
Hey hunny

I have 8 weeks left but think I will stretch to 12. Soon as I hold under 9 for a week I will start refeeding

I haven't thought about how I'm going to refeed yet. It kinda worries me. I hope I succeed as don't want to go back to how I used to eat as soon as I'm at goal or even after. My goal is 10st 7lb but have a feeling I'll be more comfy at 10st but having my goal only 2st 6lb away sounds better to me than nearly 3st lol :D

RebekahR said:
Weight off for surgeon.is the first priority :)

Oh yes definitely and it really spurs you on if you have a goal, even more so such an important one. Xx

I've planned my whole refeed on a spreadsheet LOL how sad!! I'm going to need to get the protein up for competition training

Know it will be a long time till I'm back on 2000+ cals but raising protein my priority

I wanted my goal to be 8,7 but knowing ill loose 10-13lb from my op I think.if I settle at 8,10 I will be happy

Im retaining so much water from heat and hormones I'm taking yet I look thinner and my bottoms are loose... Puffy face and ankles.. so attractive LOL

Lol not sad at all! I just got diet chef as I'm so busy I wouldn't e able to sit and work it all out! Going to do a week o diet chef no extras so 800kcal then a week of gradually building up extras to 1200kcal then keep there for a while till I've stabilised then start back on normal low carb foods to about 1500kcal which at my height is what I'll need to maintain and a bit more on workout days xx

Yeah I figure once my exams ate done I'll have a few months to do nothing but work, diet plan and start competition training

Diet chef sounds like a good option, I will be using the odd ww meal to simplify things!!

I think so especially as I know which cerial brand and snack brand they use ;) so I can buy these instead of having to buy the more expensive branded products!! So it's working out pretty cheap!

How's the weekend going snails??

Always the toughest time for me, been cooking and that .. urrg LOL

I got my friends birthday champagne cruise along Thames 1st October, was hoping to be there by then but thinkin another month may work. All depends on surgery dates etc but not expecting anything this year

Less puffy today Phew LOL Xx

Sloooow, haven't weighed today but will definately remember tomorrow morning (!) Hopefully I'll have a loss to report! Was considering going into refeed earlier today, but decided to stick it out and just add a little more protein - I think a combination of being a bit unwell (accidentally overly immune-suppressed, oops) and my exercise schedule means my body's needing more protein and a vitamin supplement. This may be coming across as a craving for bizarrely healthy foods like vegetable juices and tofu haha. I'm going to introduce more protein on high exercise days as a matter of regularity, blend up baby leaf spinach and/or kale in my shakes and pop down to Holland and Barrets tomorrow to look for a vitamin supplement. :)

Champagne cruise sounds divine - I hope you enjoy yourself whatever stage you're at!

I've got a lot of meals out over the next few weeks, wish me luck everyone!

Meals out I've found so simple on plan

How close to goal are you now hun??

Yes I am looking forward to it, hope I can have more than just a Moët LOL

I was looking at your suggestions on the eating out thread and will definately be implementing them :)

I'm at 9st 2 last time I checked - my goal is 8st 10 before starting refeed. To be honest, I have a tiny frame so I always looked best right at the bottom of the healthy bmi range at 8st 7-8 (my doctor agrees that this is still a healthy enough weight for my frame), but I'd be happy enough to settle for 8st 10 if I find myself sticking there and just continue on to reintroducing carbs etc. Thinking about doing Cambridge-style refeed so that I don't gain glycogen weight back all in one go and maybe even drop that extra two or three pounds along the way. Oops, hide me from the critics!

I'm a small frame too, the bottom of my BMI bracket is 9 but I deffo need to be under 9 to be small ish LOL

I've based my refeed on the Cambridge one with elements I've learnt from trainer, adding in elements of contest prep diet but very slow phased

Xx

Ooh - so we're aiming for about the same weight then! Slow is definately best for refeed, and as I go up in calories I definately plan to increase my exercise both in time spent and in intensity too. I'll be very interested in seeing your refeed then, I imagine incorporating aspects from different sources is the best idea.

Back