Join the club 2016

Violet Shrinks

So apparently today is the most popular day of the year to start I diet. Makes my own good intentions about turning over a new leaf, getting back on track and generally starting over today seem like a bit if a cliche!!!

But it does also seems like a good moment to reach out to others who might be starting, or restarting their journey right now - apparently there are more of us about today than usual!

So I thought I'd give a shout out to members old and new who want to support each other to reach our goals in 2016!

To tell you a little bit about me, I'm 40 (aarrrghhh) and have about 6 stone to lose, which I am determined to do this year. I've been here before, I've yo-yo-ed, I've struggled, I've lost my motivation, I've started over and fallen off the wagon more times than I care to remember - BUT I'm drawing a line under all that and am moving forward.

New motto 'Don't look back, you are not going that way!'

Right now I'm swithering about whether to join a group, or try and do this alone. I don't find my local group very inspiring (to be honest, it is tedious) - but the accountability does help. Any thoughts?

Is there only one group local to you? I'm luky we have a good selection, and the one I go to is fab, first group I've really felt I belong to x

There is one group very close to me, and it is on tonight... But it is the uninspiring one. There are other options, but they are further away - a fifteen minute rather than a five minute drive. I've been to one of them, but although the consultant was nice, it was so busy it seemed to take forever. I could try a totally new one - in some ways walking through the door as a 'totally new' member might be a good mental exercise for me - I've been on and off this plan so often I sometimes feel I've become a little jaded lol

But then part of me thinks maybe it is just me, I'm just not cut out for sitting round and clapping and sharing excuses and the same recipes over and over... The first group I ever went to was fab, with a really inspiring consultant and a lovely atmosphere, but that was 9 years ago, in a different part of the country, before handheld devices and individual targets and I was new and full of enthusiasm... Since then I haven't really felt I got much out of groups except the discipline of getting weighed and being accountable. I could save myself some money and do it from home, I have all the book - but then I worry that I will just drift of track like I usually do, no matter how determined I feel right now.

I guess what it comes down to is that I want to share this journey with others, but I'm not sure if a group is the right way for me to do that, or whether I'm better off trying to find myself a 'virtual community' to share it with.

And if I do go to group, do I go to the local one that is so convenient, or push myself to a new one further away, which might be just as dull, but also might be really great.

Dilemma lol

So apparently today is the most popular day of the year to start I diet. Makes my own good intentions about turning over a new leaf, getting back on track and generally starting over today seem like a bit if a cliche!!!

But it does also seems like a good moment to reach out to others who might be starting, or restarting their journey right now - apparently there are more of us about today than usual!

So I thought I'd give a shout out to members old and new who want to support each other to reach our goals in 2016!

To tell you a little bit about me, I'm 40 (aarrrghhh) and have about 6 stone to lose, which I am determined to do this year. I've been here before, I've yo-yo-ed, I've struggled, I've lost my motivation, I've started over and fallen off the wagon more times than I care to remember - BUT I'm drawing a line under all that and am moving forward.

New motto 'Don't look back, you are not going that way!'

Right now I'm swithering about whether to join a group, or try and do this alone. I don't find my local group very inspiring (to be honest, it is tedious) - but the accountability does help. Any thoughts?
Hi There Violet Shrinks,

I re-joined SW last night, I really don't like sitting listening to group talks, as find it so boring and to be honest quiet patronising - as I think by now we all know what we are doing wrong.

However y reason or joining was access online recipes and also the shame of a group weigh in, joined with a friend so hoping competition will set in.

I am also a member of local Facebook weight loss group - we are trying to support each other online.

I have got hubby on the plan to (just not told him yet)

I have around 5st to lose, cannot believe I let myself get so much :-(

Time to look forward to the smaller me ......

Back