Sneaky weigh-ins...

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by LisaC, 27 October 2009 Social URL.

1. LisaC

LisaC Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Just wondering how many of us are guilty of doing it!!??

I know my hands up & I really dont know why I do it to myself. I think it may be that my weight can be crazy different one week to the next I want an idea of what to expect at my class!? Sunday the scales read that I'd lost 6lbs only to find Monday at WI I'd lost 1/2lb. Even before I weigh myself I know it wont be the same as at class.

I will NOT do it again!!! BAH :eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. violet_plum

violet_plum Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I used to do this too when I did SW the last time around. However this time I have been really good and only got weighed in class as I figure its what I pay them for. I have also found I am a lot less stressed about it all when I'm not hopping on the scales every day and it make my Tuesday WI something to look forward to

Sx

4. AmyAdele

AmyAdele its a long road

Start Weight:
    22st10lb
    Current Weight:
    20st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(10.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world :)
    I do it and my scales are always completely different to the slimming world ones

so im going to try and just wait till Thursdays but after a bad weekend it seems like a good idea lol

5. chunky-monkey77

chunky-monkey77 i seriously swear i am up 2 no good !

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(15.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    hi i am guilty of this i weigh myself on a tue morn (offically tonight) and every week the sw ones are differnt 2 mine . last week they were half less so i am hoping that will be the case 2night lol .
    i love class because when i did ww you had to get weighted with slippers/or trainers but in sw you can go bare footed:D

6. Vixxster

Vixxster Nojo on the YoYo

Start Weight:
    19st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I went to a WW class and not once did they ever make me weigh in my shoes. You must have had a *****y consultant. The shoe-removal is the dieter's mental saving grace!

I weigh when i shouldn't. I am sitting here all upset after a bad day yesterday and a bad week in general. Got some inspiration from a dvd my consultant loaned me and blogged about it though, maybe it will help others too?

7. chunky-monkey77

chunky-monkey77 i seriously swear i am up 2 no good !

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(15.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    hey vix ,
    yeah my c was okay but was pretty stict bout the footwear thing had a big poster up an everything ! hugs to you and enjoy yur day , i am off to work , start at 1 work in a nursery so will prob have sore head at 6! . then off to wi "speak" soon x

8. LisaC

LisaC Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Not removing your shoes is crazy!! I did WW online so I weighed at home.

Im going to have someone hide my scales so there's no chance of me weighing myself before official weigh-in.

Will have a look on your blog at the dvd Vixx x

9. LisaC

LisaC Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Vixxster - that DVD sounds really inspirational. Do you think all consultants have a copy of each years awards?

10. Vixxster

Vixxster Nojo on the YoYo

Start Weight:
    19st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You can buy them after the awards if you go to the awards, my consultant goes and you can pay in advance for a copy of the event, then they post it to you. You could ask your C if she's ever been to one and gotten the DVD. She found it when she was clearing out and since I went to the Woman of the Year thing with the girl from our class who won she thought I might like the see the final shebang for some inspiration. And it really really was!! The women looked amazing! Me want!

11. Lianna

Lianna Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I weight my self everyday to make sure im not putting out on lol!!! i know i shouldnt but i cant snap out of it help!!!

12. The_Petal

The_Petal Full Member

I also weigh myself every morning. I know its against the "rules" :nono: but I can't help it! I'm addicted! I think that if I dont weigh myself I go off the rails a bit. I get into the mentality that it'll be alright (and often it is far from alright!) But if I weigh myself daily then I feel more in control and Monday nights aren't a shock. Am I really so bad??? :ashamed0005:

13. MadMax

MadMax Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st4lb(-2.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    yup...guilty..
    I usually weigh myself at home before I go to SW (gulp) so I don't get too paranoid at WI!!

14. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I used to do this a lot, but I did a little experiment and saw how much weight can change in a 24hr period. I do sometimes check to make sure I am on course but I try not too - it's a tease or misleading.

:) x

15. sanicholl

sanicholl Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(11.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm really guilty of doing this. The thing is I don't own a set of scales so I drive to my mums to weigh myself which is even worse! I also got so confused one week between what I had weighed the week before (official WI) and what I weighed mid week that I thought I had put on a lb when in fact I had sts!!! (I don't go to class so I WI at home).

16. Torsie24

Torsie24 Full Member

I'm a member of the every morning club! It's jsut habit, get up, have a wee, weigh myself. It helps to really keep me on track. I know that it can go up and down from day to day, so I don't beat myself up over it changing. But I have good inner peace when I know that I'm on top of it each day.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.