Snootycow's 'Get back into the size 14 wardrobe' and beyond.....

I skipped my entry yesterday because I just had no energy left. I really don't know how all you guys on Total solution are doing it, i'm hungry all the time!
Wednesday's allowed meal was home made meatloaf with Cabbage, I actually felt like i'd eaten a proper meal, then yesterday I had a shake for breakfast, a bar for dinner and for tea the meatloaf leftovers made up as a burger in a bowl and another bar for supper.
So today is day 12, Choc shake for breakfast, veg soup for lunch (not bad, but not altogether good) and something made with chicken for tea.
I'm getting really bored with it now, and very fed up of having no energy :( It's 2.42pm and i'm yawning my head off.
I think we may have a night out at the weekend, dinner and a movie? I think it will do us both good to have a break from the diet.

Hi Susie,
Thanks for the advice.

Day 16 today, I've been a bit lax at diary entry over the weekend but all in all it hasn't been a bad weekend. I'm quite proud of myself that I haven't completely cracked and pigged out. No major blips and I feel the weight coming off slow and steady. Though i've given up on getting on the scales I can feel my clothes fitting better, even my bras need to be fastened on the next clasp down :)

Just ordered more bars in the Exante Sale, perfect time to get the double chocolate because I ain't paying full price for them :)
The more I think about eating those awful meals the worse it makes me feel so I think it's wise for me to stick with bars and shakes.

Last edited:
The meals aren't good. I only have a few but am struggling to eat them. Can't understand how some people do actually seem to like them. :crazy:

The meals aren't good. I only have a few but am struggling to eat them. Can't understand how some people do actually seem to like them. :crazy:

I know right?! The thought makes me feel ill! But then again there are people who eat snails!

Day 17 and I think i've maybe not been drinking enough water? I've been awake in agony all night with severe cramps and I feel sick as a dog this morning, it's possibly trapped wind. Normally I could cope, but I have an gynaecology appointment at the hospital this afternoon, not really what you want when your insides feel like they're in a vice :(

I know right?! The thought makes me feel ill! But then again there are people who eat snails!

Day 17 and I think i've maybe not been drinking enough water? I've been awake in agony all night with severe cramps and I feel sick as a dog this morning, it's possibly trapped wind. Normally I could cope, but I have an gynaecology appointment at the hospital this afternoon, not really what you want when your insides feel like they're in a vice :(

I've eaten snails and would eat them again. TBH cooked in garlic and butter that's all you can taste! Hope your appointment goes OK and you're feeling better. :)

Hehe, you're a braver woman than me. In general I have an iron stomach but I couldn't bring myself to eat snails, or oysters come to think of it.
Well, I'm feeling a lot better now, got the appointment(ordeal) out of the way and decided to eat out for tea and I don't feel guilty at all. Trapped wind gone and things are moving along nicely. Back on it tomorrow, I think it's done me some good allowing myself a little treat :) (gourmet burger and fries!)

Couldn't eat oysters - or beetroot! Eeewww. How does anyone eat that stuff? Glad you enjoyed your treat and you're feeling better. Hope today is going well for you.

Thanks Cate.
well the upset tummy went away for a little while but its been back with a vengeance all day. Just gurgling away and I don't know what it is that's caused it to keep being so gassy, it's extremely painful and unpleasant. TMI I know but if anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated. Ive tried peppermint tea, gallons of coffee, loads of water, fybogel, lemon water..... the list goes on :(

Is your tummy upset any better?

Hi Cate!
I've been really bad at making a diary entry for a few days huh?
The tummy has calmed down a lot :) still a little iffy but OK. I'm thinking that maybe a few pieces of fresh pineapple I ate were to blame? I avoided things that normally upset me all over the weekend and it started to settle a little, with the help of some Buscopan tablets.
Hope things are going well for you too.

I think i'm on day 23 now, still doing well. It's feeling more like a normal low carb eating plan than a diet but i am starting to crave carbs more and more now. However, i'm still amazed at how I was able to flip a switch inside myself and stop eating junk in favour of health but low carb meals. YAY me!

I caved tonight and had a round of toast - wholemeal mind - but I haven't craved cakes, biscuits or sweets at all really, not seriously and nothing that I couldn't brush off easily.

Hey snooty hope you are ok. Just popped in to say 'Hi'. I stopped smoking in 2004 and found the weight piling on! I now have the odd one when I need to. My partners got diabetes type 1, it is a nightmare constantly checking sugar levels. He is underweight and is struggling to put weight on!

It is very strange how tastes vary....I love the meals (chilli/spag bol/pasta carbonara) not too keen on the choc bars or shakes!

I hope you have a good day :)

Hey SC, how are you doing? You haven't been around for a few days.

Hi Cate, welcome Bridezilla,
Sorry I kinda dropped off the map there didn't i? I just had a hectic week last week. I think i'm now on day 30 and I can still feel the weight coming off though I still have no real idea how much I weigh, I can just feel it in my clothes and see my pot belly getting smaller.
Again i've been sticking to low carb healthy food but since we'd done so well hubby and I decided to give ourselves a treat meal once a week. He's really struggling with the lack of carbs so he's been having a treat every week anyway... he's now lost about 1.5 stones :)
I really could not see myself sticking to the total solution, for me it would be too much like starving myself and i'm not prepared to make myself miserable as it tends to lead to failure for me. So if it takes me a bit longer to reach my goal then so be it.

Funny that Cate, I haven't craved sweets/biscuits/choc/cakes either and i was a self confessed chocaholic! My sweet fix now is a treat of fresh strawberries at the weekend :)

It's good to have a connection to a fellow ex-smoker too bridezilla, I was putting weight on steadily before I ever gave up smoking and never really noticed any more going on the first time I quit. Wasn't until I took it up again and noticed weight just dropping off me that I realised what had happened, quitting again was the straw that broke the camels back and life was just too crazy then to have time for diet and exercise!
Anyway, my tummy has calmed down and i'm still blaming the pineapple *shrugs* can't think of anything else
Catch y'all later

Back