So ... am I being over ambitious??

So long as youre not aiming to be that weight in a few months time ;) then theres absolutely nothing wrong with putting it as your target

I don't think you are either - it's not the bottom end of your BMI range- and you aren't a lanky strider like me- go for it! You can always revise your target if you get to a point sooner where you think you want to stop, fe if you get to say 9 st and realise you are happy with that, or something!

Just give it your best shot and see what happens!!

One thing to bear in mind though- the graph of your journey to target can be incredibly random when it comes to predicting your date of achieving target. Best to take little notice of that until you get reasonably close to goal.

You will know when you are ready to stop.

It is good to have a target in mind, so long as it doesn't become the be all and end all of your life.

You are doing so well wow !!!

Thanks guys :) I've been really sticking to it... I initially went to SW about a year and a half ago but I was trying to stop smoking at the same time so unfortunately SW didn't last long, thankfully tho I was successful with the ciggies and I haven't had one for 17 months now!! but I really really want to shift the weight now!! does that make sense?! don't want to be too hard on myself tho :) xxx

you have done really well so far. well done you.

nothing wrong with having a target weight, take it as it comes and like madamlaminx suggested alter it if you feel the need to as you lose weight on plan.

wow 8st 7lb as target, i can only dream of ever been that weight lol, think one of my legs might weigh about that much. :D

good luck

How long ago was it you were 8st 7lbs? As long as it wasnt' when you were in your teens I don't think you will have a problem.

Something else to bear in mind, I'm the same height & when I was getting close to target (8st 9lb) a lot of people commented on my weight & my mum even said I'd lost enough.

You'll know when you're happy with your loss & when to 'call' target.

Well done so far you've done brill;)

you have done really well so far. well done you.

nothing wrong with having a target weight, take it as it comes and like madamlaminx suggested alter it if you feel the need to as you lose weight on plan.

wow 8st 7lb as target, i can only dream of ever been that weight lol, think one of my legs might weigh about that much. :D

good luck

like you said i think i'll try and stick to the plan and just see how things go you know :) xxx

not over ambitious at all hun, it's around the same as my target and i am half an inch shorter than you :) i don't remember what it felt like to be that weight but it sounds like a nice number and i wouldn't mind dropping my target a little lower if i don't like the way i look once i get to 8st7lbs... congrats on losing 1st in 4wks - took my ages to lose my first 1st! if you fancy joining a challenge to spur you on, have a look at the one in my sig and feel free to add your name :) we'd love to have you! xxx

i would personally say from exerpierance youl find 8st 7 might be too low for you. im a inch smaller than you, and a size 10 at 10st.. i dropped to 9 8.5lbs ( once, lol il get back there) and really wouldnt go any smaller... but thats how i feel.. you may want to be smaller than a size 10, and who knows.. we all hold our weight differently,

youl know when your happy.. xxxxxxx but nothings impossible, just gotta stick at it xxx

I feel like a heffer that hasn't set her target weight low enough now :(

AJB, you can change your target weight whenever you like before you get to it. Your personal target is just that - PERSONAL!

wowww.. watch it, your T weight was my original target weight! and i maintained perfectly happy! aint nothing heffer bout it'!

hmmmm but I notice you've lowered it now :p

Take no notice of me - just fed up as I'd really like a stone off before my brother's wedding on 20th Nov but just can't see it happening :wave_cry:

I still have not set a target, as i still have a long way to go!!! maybe just take it one day at a time? half a stone and then another half, then another??

xxx

Back