So Confused!!

Pollywotsit

Silver Member
I joined SW 4 weeks ago and tomorrow is my 3rd weigh in. So far am very pleased losing 3lbs for both weeks, but I'm really struggling trying to fill out the diary correctly. I seem to be eating nothing but free foods, and the odd syn. I've handed my efforts to the group leader, but have had no feedback, it's such a big group that must keep her very busy, but I'm sure I'm doing it all wrong. I've been asked to fill it out for 4 weeks to hand in, and really have no idea what I'm doing! I'm filling another one in on a daily basis, then transferring all the info over before I go to group. Is it just me or does anyone else get confused to begin with? :confused:

Polly, ask to sit in on the new member talk again so you can be really clear.
You must be doing something right to be losing weight!
Read your book at every chance you get, eventually it will just click.
Make free and superfree the main focus of everything you are eating, to satisfy your appetite and stop you feeling hungry.
Choose 1'A' and 1'B' ONCE a day from the healthy extras lists.
Choose 5-15 syns once a day, so you don't feel deprived.
Hope that helps. Xx

Thank you. I have said 2 or 3 times that I don't really understand what I'm doing, because the plans hadn't been explained to me,(I didn't know there WERE different plans, I don't understand why one thing can have 3 different values, so I stick to the free and superfree) everything is such a rush...must be an age thing, I couldn't take it all in.
have to say I'm enjoying it, and quite like keeping the diary, it's just nice to know that now I'm a member on here I can ask a question and learn what I need to know, so thank you again . :)

Sit in on the new member talk to get reminded and if it helps 1/3 of your plate must be superfree food, fruits and veggies, try snacking on an apple, grapes or some carrot with home made houmus rather then the free stuff good luck xx

Polly, I get why you're confused.

Just to keep things as easy as possible, stick to extra easy which is orange syn value. Its a lot more flexible.
The syns are different for the plans, because original and green focus on different foods. Green is for veggies, red is for meat eaters and controling carbs(trying to explain in simple terms as poss). Don't worry about those until you really get extra easy.
The 'A' healthy extra is for milk or cheese. Choose 1 a day.
The 'B' healthy extra is for fibre. Cereals, bread cereal bars. Choose 1 a day.

Syns are for treats. Choc crisps or a glass of wine. Its up to you how you want to use them.

You are doing right with the free, but you need 1/3 of your plate superfree, and you are missing out on the rest of the plan, which is a shame, because you can have quite a bit more to eat. Xx

I don't think I'm actually doing a plan! I was just so confused so I read the book, obviously you can't take it all in -in one go, e.g
I had 2 small slices wholemeal bread with an extra light cheesy triangle, marmite and cucumber for breakfast.
Made a lean mince hot pot, absolutely full of different veg, topped with thin slices of potato, with cauli and broccolli for my 1/3rd of my plate of veg for dinner
ham salad for tea...I've counted my milk allowance for my HE A, and the bread for HE B.
Read on here that a squeezed lemon in boiling water was good for the diet and your skin, so have been having that this week instead of black coffee.
Have salad cream light as a syn, gravy (I've bought stock cubes today) also a syn, and a HiFi light bar.
I don't do what I call adventurous cooking (that's going to change) because I'm on my own, I know I can freeze, but haven't got around to doing that yet.
Thank you both for replying :)

I did reply to this last night, but it seems to have disappeared. Going off to group soon for this weeks weigh in, I have everything crossed! x:rolleyes:

Oh, my post has appeared now. I HAD been filling the diary out wrongly, but one of the ladies pointed out where I was going wrong this morning, so now I have something to go on. Had my weigh in, and have lost 2.5 lbs, so onwards and downwards!:) I've edited my ticker...I think, it showed on the page and I saved it, perhaps it just takes awhile to show up. Thank you again ladies.
oh. unfortunately drinking the lemon juoice hasn't made any difference, but I shall carry on with it because it's quite refreshing x

Back