So cross... (IBS rant)

I can feel your pain I have ibs and I get so bloated sometimes just from eating cereal I don't have a main trigger but I find takeaways are bad for me I suffer which I suppose is a good thing have t eaten a mcdonalds for two years! I find cheese triggers me off and I get so bloated with different things which doesn't help my weight loss sometimes I put on 4 lb though out the day due to bloating

*Sparkles* said:
I know...if i honestly felt that I had the disease I would go and get referred, i post regularly on forums about it and have had loads of advice.

Did you ask your doctor for a test I think everyone should be tested for allergies really they tend to fib everyone off with ibs before testing people

I can feel your pain I have ibs and I get so bloated sometimes just from eating cereal I don't have a main trigger but I find takeaways are bad for me I suffer which I suppose is a good thing have t eaten a mcdonalds for two years! I find cheese triggers me off and I get so bloated with different things which doesn't help my weight loss sometimes I put on 4 lb though out the day due to bloating

I know when i go for a weigh in if i'm bloated to right that week off b4 i even step on the scales!! Doctors do fob you off big time your right!! felt great yesterday bought some new jeans, but today they wont even fasten up due to my mega bloated belly!! :sigh: but tomorrow is a new day and hopefully a blotless one lol!!

lizzielipps said:
I know when i go for a weigh in if i'm bloated to right that week off b4 i even step on the scales!! Doctors do fob you off big time your right!! felt great yesterday bought some new jeans, but today they wont even fasten up due to my mega bloated belly!! :sigh: but tomorrow is a new day and hopefully a blotless one lol!!

I know I can always tell I won't of lost anything I have been the same weight for three weeks now I think I may have to add some red days in as I have been on the carbs alot as I love them!

Hannata, I have IBS sometimes and it is usually stress related but fizzy drinks do me in! I also have psoriasis and that is triggered by oats and wheat. If I have bread two days running my face is a mess, If I have oats or oat bran - my face is also a mess!
I have stopped using soap products on my face and now only use organic apricot oil as a cleanser and there has been terrific improvement!
I also suffered very badly from SAD but for the last two years have not - I started taking a high dose vitamin D and have been SAD free since.
I sympathise with you and also know how you feel.
Take care and I hope things improve for you.
XX

Hannata, I have IBS sometimes and it is usually stress related but fizzy drinks do me in! I also have psoriasis and that is triggered by oats and wheat. If I have bread two days running my face is a mess, If I have oats or oat bran - my face is also a mess!
I have stopped using soap products on my face and now only use organic apricot oil as a cleanser and there has been terrific improvement!
I also suffered very badly from SAD but for the last two years have not - I started taking a high dose vitamin D and have been SAD free since.
I sympathise with you and also know how you feel.
Take care and I hope things improve for you.
XX

Aww thats awful. My psoriasis was fortunately never affected by food intake. When I was about 14 I went to a health food shop and they suggested a detox diet with this aloe vera juice (yuck) and I did the diet to the letter, not a single change!!!

I'm on Etanercept for it now.. gone from 60% coverage (pasi score of 65) to nothing but a few little patches! Brilliant drug :)

I wholeheatedly agree about soaps, I tend to keep away from them... I used to wash affected areas with my psoriasis shampoo instead :p

hi i've had ibs for 8 years and im only 27, i was diagnosed after i had my gallbladder removed when i was 18, im not on any medication now but have tried buscopan, colpermin, peppermint tea etc and none of it worked for me, so just trying to control what i eat, i find that eating little and often works for me aswell, as if i leave eating for a while my symptoms get worse

ibs strikes again!!

sts this week due to bloated ibs/pms tummy of hefty doom!!! well of to docs tomorrow b4 i explode!! well it may show on the scales next week!! i always get a 3lb loss when not bloated so it dose even it's self out eventually!! :sigh::rolleyes::confused::(:D;):cry::mad::wave_cry::p:eek:

IBS really sux. I've had all the tests n cameras where they shud never go! My gp prescribed me anti depressants (prozac/fluoxetine) not because I was depressed but cos this type of medication stops the body from uptaking serotonin too quickly. This is our natural happy drug n if it stays in the gut longer then IBS symptoms can dissipate. Worked a treat for me! I was basically cured from being crouched over most of the day n living on basmati rice. I also take between 300-600mg of magnesium daily cos it helps with constipation. Check out anti depressants n IBS on the net.

Good luck n sympathy to all x

Colifac works well for me :) I just forget to take it before meals lol!

I have mebeverine on repeat prescription and just keep it in the house and in my bag in case I need it! Mine has pretty much stopped as soon as I started WW and exercising more so my body must like the healthy lifestyle!

It worked wonders because when I was first diagnosed with it I was in alot of pain, didn't want to do anything other than curl up in a ball and feel sorry for myself and I dreaded needing the toilet!! This cleared it up quite quickly but I started with it again as soon as I went away on a residential for five days (I'm a teacher) and wasn't in charge of what I ate! It does seem much better now tho!

I hope that you all find something that helps you too!

Hi, I have ibs as part of ME. Its got to be the worst part of my illness as its so bloody unpredictable. I have tried to watch what I eat and see what triggers it but it can be anything at all. I know a lot of mine is due to stress so when im going out i stress that im gonna have an episode, which then makes me worry more and triggers it off. Ive had a real hard time with it and nothing I do really helps...apart from cutting out bread, that is a definate no no. I now take loperamide 15 mins before I go out and hope that it will help to at least make the rush to the loo a little easier.

I have IBS .. Originally as im diabetic and it is associated with it, they thought i was a coeliac .. did the test but i was fine ... mine usually flares up at random times, if ive eaten toast for breakfast, you can guarantee ile have a very swollen n sore tummy around 5/6pm .... i find it hard to manage at work coz i find relieving the pressure on my tummy by gettin rid of wind :rolleyes: but im a nurse and cant run off to the loo every coupla mins, lol so im stuck with a very sore tummy til i can sort it out :sigh: ..... i take mebeverine 4 times a day, it takes a while to get into your system but it does work, and buscopan is good too, ive had times where ive got severe shoulder pain and cant stand up properly coz its where your body tries to release wind, etc if you cannot do it in other places .... stress is a major cause of IBS .. along with certain trigger foods, its very annoying at times, because you think you have found that trigger, then your IBS comes back with a vengence .... hope you manage to gain some relief xxxx

just bringing up this topic again, I think i'm suffering from IBS will go to the doctors in the new year, i've been too much the past few months for acid reflux and lump in the throat feeling! anyway! i have stomach cramps in the lower and upper tum, all started in october, i was on holiday and basically eating loads!!! by the end of the holiday i started getting this weird cramps and tummy pains! and have had them ever since! if i cut down the eating it does get better but then any 'greasy' food / take away and i bloat out loads and the pains come back! I also get the pains before i need the toilet and afterwards! straining and constipated if anyone knows of any tablets / diet habits which may ease the pain would be great thankyou! :) think may be stressing too much thinking i have something more serious wrong with me like the Big C etc! ive worked myself up into a nervous wreck! :( many thanks! xx

just bringing up this topic again, I think i'm suffering from IBS will go to the doctors in the new year, i've been too much the past few months for acid reflux and lump in the throat feeling! anyway! i have stomach cramps in the lower and upper tum, all started in october, i was on holiday and basically eating loads!!! by the end of the holiday i started getting this weird cramps and tummy pains! and have had them ever since! if i cut down the eating it does get better but then any 'greasy' food / take away and i bloat out loads and the pains come back! I also get the pains before i need the toilet and afterwards! straining and constipated if anyone knows of any tablets / diet habits which may ease the pain would be great thankyou! :) think may be stressing too much thinking i have something more serious wrong with me like the Big C etc! ive worked myself up into a nervous wreck! :( many thanks! xx

Some of the girls above have recommended some good remedies but unfortunately some times If IBS wants to strike, itll strike ..... i get pains atleast 3 days out of 7 ..... you could also try finding your triggers ...... wheat is usually one .... coffee .... as for constipation ... try some 'dulcolax' but be warned ... you need to make sure your near a loo most the day once you've started ... it works a bit too good .. if you know what i mean .......... ;) I think the big C is on everyones minds but just try and take it in your stride ... worrying and stressing makes your IBS symptoms even worse ... just make sure you get your doc to give you the once over ... xxxx

I still recommend peppermint capsuals, I have been bad the last few weeks, prob due to eating rich foods, boozing and feeling stressed!! I was doing so well too!! Need to get to the gym and get healthy again as the old greed demonds are so out to get me!! lol:7834::7834::7834:

Back