So cross with myself ...

reluctant_whale

You know we all have days when we do stupid things? Well I just did something really daft .. got on the scales .. only to see a +2.5lb gain. WHY did I do it ? I don't weigh until Wednesday. I am absolutely gutted and just feel like going to get a bag of chips ...
This is my first week and obviously I was excited to see if anything was working (or not ..).
I am going to be worrying now it is this stupid contreceptive implant I had put in on Thursday. If it is it's coming RIGHT back out again!

only joking about the chips by the way (although nom) the last 5 days has been too hard for that ... hence feeling GUTTED GUTTED GUTTED for getting on those bloody scales !!!! :sigh:

Keep going and see what happens on W:I day and stay away from the scales! Good luck x

aw hun we all do it, but there are so many things which it could be, if you have just started it takes a few days for the carbs to be gone IYKWIM and to start burning the fat, also we fluctuate all the time.. did you weigh at the same time of day? had you had anything to eat at all?

I am be a b*gger with the scales but find the slightest thing can add a couple of pounds easily but then they are gone quickly.. carry on and keep going xx do you have a diary on here?

I'm a real nightmare and every morning vow not to weigh myself, but I just can't stop myself, I thought about taking the battery out of the scales but couldn't bring myself to do it!

I think ive got a bit of a "problem" to be honest ... It's the first thing I do after ive been to the bathroom in the morning and the first thing I do when I come home from work - some days I put on 8lb during the day which is soul destroying!! I think taking the batteries out of the scales is a good idea .. but like you, I'm sure I would find some new batteries!

hey hun, from my experience the implant is a no no, i was a size 10 when i got mine in and i was still eating healthy and going to the gym and i gained 2 stones, i even went to a liquid diet for 2 weeks and lost only 4lbs and i gained everything back, even my stomach looked bloated, i think the implant made my body gain a lot of water weight, so a yr ago i got it taken out and 3 days later i dropped 9lbs and the rest of the 2 stones i gained just went into thin air!! i think its the hormones in the implant, but fingers crossed that its not the same thing happening to you, i no how devastating it can be to be sticking to a diet religiously and the scales shows different.
x

I am so worried about the implant Tamzy but my doctor ASSURED me it won't make me gain weight, 6 months planning went into it as I have really bad hormone problems and im too over weight for an estrogen pill and the POP pill never suited me. In all honesty even at 31 I would have a hystrectomy - i am sick of all the problems. I would love to use my weight gain as an excuse for the hormones but I am trying to see past it. I'll give it another week and if it goes up it will come straight out as im not having it! x

dont worry too much hun, but i must tell you that doctors do fib at times because when i 1st went in to ask for info on the implant she told me that it wouldnt mess with my weight but she did warn me about the other side effects, which is why i had to remove it, i now have in the iud which was really painful to get in, but its the best contraceptive ive ever had, on the plus side it doesnt have any hormones in them as its just copper.

worse case senario, if you go back to get the implant removed do not let them talk you out of it like they did to me, they put me off for a yr telling me to let it settle to see if things would change and look where it got me! i had a to spend the whole summer holidays looking bloated:mad: but hopefully thats not the reason relating to you hun, but hormones do mess with weight.

We should start a new thread "WHO HATES HORMONES" .. bet it would be popular .. to be a woman hey?

Oh good to hear your story Tamzy! My GP has been pushing me to have the implant because the mini-pill wasn't making me feel good, my BMI is too high for the combined pill and I had the coil fitted...which came right back out again with the first period! My GP said I 'could' gain up to 2 stone with the depo injection (he got a big "hell no!") on that option and told me that the implant wouldn't make me gain weight.

I have a bit of a mistrust of these things with hormones in I have to admit; I'm just a bit cynical that messing with the body's hormones has no impact on weight.

yea that thread would b quite popular lol.

hey pudding - i just hate when the gp's think their always right!! which is why sometimes i use my own head and make my own decisions. my friend had the injection thing and gained over 3 stones and she was a normal weight when she got it, she switched to the pill which made it worse, thats one of the worse side effect anyone could ever get especially when trying to shift extra weight:(

Agreed about the depo injection. Pudding my GP said the same thing, she is a female family planning consultant so I guess I trust her as much as I can trust a doctor. She said the injection is AWFUL for weight gain and steered me clear of it, but insisted the implant wouldn't. She showed me research and statistics. Just worrying that now I have it loads of people are saying what a cow it is ... pooooooo !

Not sure if this helps - have you considered mirena which is an IUS. Basically a plastic coil with a few hormones Has hormones but teeny weeny dose and in the womb so rarely impacts the rest of body. Side effect of reducing or getting rid of periods altogether instead of heavier as with copper coil. Best thing i ever did - had before baby and afterwards too.

Good luck and hopefully you will get the weight loss soon

Thanks Katie ... I have considered it. Without going too gross I tried to have a mirena fitted but it was too painful and she had to give up. I could have it under general if I wanted .. which is going to be the next step if this turns out to be terrible .. fingers crossed it's all hunky dory :)

Just wanted to add i have had my implant in for 2 and half years and my weight hasnt changed a great deal since i had it put it. so it may not be that.

Thanks Autumn! I am getting married this July too .. what date are you? I am the 28th xx

Really? OMG ... that is amazing! My plans are going really well. I am getting married in Prague with just a small party (20) followed by a big reception in Birmingham a month later after our honeymoon in Bali .. we have spent everything on the honeymoon to be honest as we love travelling. The reason for all this dieting is a bloody size 14 dress I thought it was a "good idea" to buy .. I am just coming into 16s now and 14 feels a LONG LONG way off ... ooof, how about you? I will send you a friend request - 28th of July buddy :)

Hiya. Will pick up your buddy request later when i get on my lap top at home. And fill you in with my details too.

Back