So fed up and had enough

kaynnate19

Hi,

I have pcos and metabolic syndrome and I've been trying to loose weight for 3 years now and the most I've lost has been 10lbs and I've basically gained and lost it and now my weight loss has come to a halt altogether and I'm just putting weight on.

Has anyone else had the same and how did you overcome it? I'm currently doing ww and I've lowered my points (I'm supposed to be on 33 and I've reduced it to 30) I don't use all of my weeklies. I've been on orlistat before and it's helped and am going to ask my gp for a new prescription. I'm also on metformin not that it's doing much good :( I'm just so fed up and sad I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall. Are there any supplements anyone takes that helps with your weight loss?

Please help x

I don't have PCOS but WW didn't work for me either... The only diets that seem to work for me are the VLCD ones.

Have you tried one of those?

Hiya, I have PCOS and tried WW and found that it didn't work for me. I now do SW, and have lost 1 stone 7.5 lbs in the past year, yes it's not as much as some of the other members of the group I go to have lost, but with PCOS I know it's hard. prehaps try SW, if you have a health trainer service provided by your GP's try going to them and getting some vouchers for SW before you fork out to join?? Please don't lose heart, I almost did ... but now feel back on track with SW xx

I have PCOS as well as only half a thyroid and do sympathise... However the only thing I can say is if will take time and you just need to stick with it, it's taken me 7 months to lose 27 lbs with SW and more recently the 5:2 diet, but before I had kids I ate a low GI diet which was also calorie controlled which worked really well, but I still had to work out 4-5 times a week to remain a healthy weight.

It might be harder but as long as you stick to a plan and exercise you will lose, even if it's slower than you'd like.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks for replying ladies. I have tried sw before but I always gained and never lost and I've tried vlcd but I couldn't stick to it. I think I'll stick with ww I just hope I start loosing and soon, I don't mind how much I loose as long as I loose!

I have PCOS and no thyroid as I had it removed due to thyroid cancer so even with meds its always underactive. I managing to lose weight but not with low carb or GI which I know a lot of women find effective but mainly calorie counting and not necessarily VLCD. I would use myfitnesspal but do not eat back any extra calories you get from exercise that seems to work for me :)

Does Xmariex mean anything? I ask because I used to play an online strategy game with someone of that name... I wondered if it was a band or something?

Does Xmariex mean anything? I ask because I used to play an online strategy game with someone of that name... I wondered if it was a band or something?
No just Marie was already taken, just me having little imagination :)

awww dont give up!!!!! I have PCOS too and i am on a long journey of losing, but the fact that we know whats keeping the weight on is more of an incentive to loose and to be happy with any loss however small and however long it took to shift x It has taken me nearly 2 years to shift nearly 4 stone, where as some of my friends could have had that gone in 8months, but then again everyone's different. Be happy and proud of your losses so far and keep saying your going to get there xxx best of luck and dont give up on yourself, you deserve to be happy xxx

Hi,

dont give up, I've tried pretty much every diet going. The one that worked the best for me was Cambridge but after a while I really missed chewing food so I gave up and eventually put most of the weight back on.

I've just started Exante as they have more options food wise so fingers crossed the weight starts to come off and stay off this time. I've also been back to the GP and been put back on metformin as I'm determined to succeed this time.

Having PCOS sucks

I feel your pain. I was diagnosed over 15 years ago and I too have metabolic syndrome which means insulin resistance too although I'm not diabetic. The best thing I ever did was invest in a personal trainer who got me moving and pushing my body beyond the limits that I would normally go. I honestly believe it's improved my insulin sensitivity (although not cured it) and although weight loss is super slow with plateaus that last months, I can see changes beyond the scales (regular period, hair in my chin and chest isnt as coarse, drastic drop in dress sizes for the amount of weight lost, no more acne.)

You are going to have to be strong with this battle. I am not even halfway to goal, but I hope you can see from my stats that weightloss is possible. I have tried RC, SW, WW none of them worked for me because they dont limit sugar or carbs enough and with pcos you actually need good fats. I have had to change my lifestyle and my body is slowly healing. If I can do it, anyone can xxx

Bigburd, are you taking Metformin for your insulin resistance? I have the same and have been put on this to try and help matters - and to try and regulate my periods as apparenly I dont ovulate very often. I have tried numerous diets in the past but have always hit that plateau where I don't lose and it is very frustrating. I am currently enjoing Slimming World (ive tried low GI and WW and they just didnt work for me whereas SW seems to be doing the job - for now at least!) I am wondering if the fact that I am now taking meds for my insulin resistance will actually help me to battle those plateaus? Only time will tell I guess!?

Thanks for your replies, it's really good to know that people out there are loosing weight that have what I have. I wouldn't mind any weight loss as long as it's a loss. I'm feeling a bit more positive now.

Hiya. Ive got PCOS too. Im doing ww also ... Struggling at the mo. Need to get back in gear. I found ww worked for me before so if i stick to it then brilliant. I do try and limit my carbs though as i usually put on if i have those. Sw didnt work that well for me ... Red / original days were good ones but got a bit bored ... Always gained with green and extra easy. My weird body! Lol

Back