So fed up at the mo

curlygirl

I have been living on salads this week (red days) and eating plenty of fruit and yogs. I have also been going to the gym for the last month and I just don't seem to be losing anything! I feel like crying:cry:! I don't have a weigh in until Friday morning but I have just checked myself and I have lost nothing! I am starting to get really fed up cause I am trying so hard and doing exercise too, so I am really shattered and what am I seeing for it......Bog All!

From a really fed up, close to tears, Curly!
:wave_cry:

are you sticking to the plan or doing a diet? you can have more exciting food than salad! do you use sins and healthy extras?

i tried a low calorie diet and cycled 4 times a week and was losing 0.5 - 1 lb a week! crap or what?

why don't you try some green days and fill up on pasta and jacket potatoes? or read through your books and try something different?

the plan work - you just need to stick to it 100% to get the benefit out of it. x

Sounds to me like you are not eating enough. What about your A and B Sections, Syns and FREE FOOD. You can have meat on a red day plus some Quorn items are FREE on red and green days. As Karen said you need to stick to it 100% - Making shortcuts by eating less wont help in the long run, you dont need to starve yourself on SW. Give your Consultant a ring.

Hiya hun what else have you been eating with your salad. There could be a number of reasons why you didnt lose this week. One could be that if it is just salad you have been eating all week then salad is mainly water so your body will not really be getting food then your body goes into starvation mode so holds onto fat.

Another reason could be maybe you are due on as all us women know we tend to retain water on the week running up or the week of our period.

One thing you could try is Fast forward I did it last month and lost 7.5lbs in a week. Some of the other ladies on here tried it too and had good losses. It is SW's revival plan for people who have hit the self destruct button.

Monday was a red day and I had:

Breakfast = Porridge made with Water (HEx b)
Dinner = Ham Salad with Cottage cheese & pineapple (good for you = free)
Tea = 2 turkey breast , veg & 3 new spuds (Hex B). afters was 1 small honeydew melon.
Snacks = 2 banana's, 2 apples
Syns = 1 smart price low fat yog ?? & 4 toffee sweets so I'd judge about 10 syns.
My HExA was my milk allowance in cups of tea and coffee.

Tuessday another red
Breakfast = frozen mixed berries with Tesco Value low fat natural yog.
Snack = apple and banana
Lunch = Ham & egg salad with mixed berries and yog for afters.
Snack = grapes & banana
Tea = Cottage cheese & pineapple salad (good for you cottage cheese so free) then yog and berries for afters
HExA = milk
HExA = 2 laughing cow
HExb = 1 alpen light bar
HExb = 2 slices of nimble
NO SYNS

Hey that all sound fine but I noticed you said you have been going to the Gym I could be wrong but I am sure muscle weighs more than fat. Maybe you have lost but just turned it into muscle just a thought.

I have just been doing running and the cross trainer but I don't feel any different. about 7 years ago I was about the same weight and I dieted whilst going to the gym and lost 1 1/2 stone, it seemed to fall off. I just don't understand it! I feel like a frumpy mum who has let herself go after having my daughter and I want to be how I used to but I just can't get there!

I have just been doing running and the cross trainer but I don't feel any different. about 7 years ago I was about the same weight and I dieted whilst going to the gym and lost 1 1/2 stone, it seemed to fall off. I just don't understand it! I feel like a frumpy mum who has let herself go after having my daughter and I want to be how I used to but I just can't get there!
Have you heard of Fast forward?

I agree with what the girls have said. Are you drinking loads and loads of free fluids that helps aswel. Is your period due?
I find if i drink lots of free fluids i lose weight like crazy!!!

Good luck and dont be too dispondent,
Ruthy xxx

I have heard of the fast forward thing but I don't know exactly what to do so I'll have a read up on it. I am going to see if I can join a class again, the one I joined last time was rubbish, no one there and I was literally paying to step on the scales and then come home. A new consultant has taken over so I am waiting for her to get back to me cause I obviously don't want to pay joining fees again!

Good luck with going back to group then some people can do it without group but myself I find it a good source of support alongside coming on here.

remember too if you are going to the gym regular you will be gaining muscle which will way heavier than before so you are getting healthy but not seeing it in weight loss as your muscle is building up don t get too down about it try drinking loads of water and the super free foods.

leanne x

Have you measured yourself?

Like the other girls said, muscle weighs more than fat.

Try taking your measurements once a month

I haven't tried measuring myself so I'll maybe give that a go. I have bougth a little pocket pad which I can keep with me and write everything down that passes my lips. I hope I can get sorted out with a class but I bet they want me to pay to join again and there's no chance!

Thanks for all your support, I'm really going to try harder to come on here more often!

Hi
I have been in the same boat as you - sticking to plan and exercising and no joy on the scales! Measurements are the way to go, you are probably toning what you have now - also I see you are doing cardio, which is great but how about some weights as well? In the long run the muscle you gain will burn more calories when you leave the gym - even when you are sitting watching TV!! My other thought is are you eating enough if you are doing quite a bit of exercise? Your body may be thinking 'hold on a minute I need to hold on to what I've got to get through the gym sessions'???

Good luck - you will be fine, I am giving it another push after 6 months of staying the same, eating different things - mixing up the green and red days - let's see if we both start losing!

Try green days. I don't lose much, if at all, on reds and I do only greens now with the occational red if I have to. We are all different and one plan may suit you more than the other. Also try Mix2Max and success express.

Monday was a red day and I had:

Breakfast = Porridge made with Water (HEx b)
Dinner = Ham Salad with Cottage cheese & pineapple (good for you = free)
Tea = 2 turkey breast , veg & 3 new spuds (Hex B). afters was 1 small honeydew melon.
Snacks = 2 banana's, 2 apples
Syns = 1 smart price low fat yog ?? & 4 toffee sweets so I'd judge about 10 syns.
My HExA was my milk allowance in cups of tea and coffee.

Tuessday another red
Breakfast = frozen mixed berries with Tesco Value low fat natural yog.
Snack = apple and banana
Lunch = Ham & egg salad with mixed berries and yog for afters.
Snack = grapes & banana
Tea = Cottage cheese & pineapple salad (good for you cottage cheese so free) then yog and berries for afters
HExA = milk
HExA = 2 laughing cow
HExb = 1 alpen light bar
HExb = 2 slices of nimble
NO SYNS

had a look at your menu... things you may want to look at are...

are you measuring things like bread, porridge, cheese, etc?

what kind of veg are you having with your meat? ...as not all are free on a red day (ie peas, some beans and sweetcorn).

asda's good for you pineapple cottage cheese is 2.5 sins for a small 250g tub

smartprice low fat yogurts (flavoured) are 3 sins each (only the natural yogurt is free)

tescos natural low fat yogurt is 0.5 sins per 100g

although these probably don't add up to loads of sins if you were to have them on the same day you may be eating more sins than you realise.

spoke to the new slimming world consultant and I have to pay again to join. she said that I should have mentioned at the time why I left. I might just join again anyway! gonna check it out first though and make sure that people are staying behind.

Back