So frustrated about portion size info & now really worried about weigh in

My first week I was really worried about eating too much my first week so was making myself hungry by not eating enough. I lost 2.5lb that week. The second I decided to just eat... I followed the plan 100% eating big big meal until I wasn't hungry. I lost 6.5lb that week.

I have followed this all the way through and my current weight lose is 9st 1.5lb.

Follow your consultants advice and just eat what you feel like eating (within the plan of course!)

It's all about proportion control, not portion control....

Once you learn the plan, and understand what the rules within it are forcing you to do, it becomes obvious why it works, but you dont even need to think about all that. I was talking to my consultant the other day, about people not believing it will work.

We only met, at a chance encounter, i was doing some work on her computer last February , and we were chatting about what she did etc. She says she remembers how sceptical I was about the plan, as she explained it to me, as i am running a virus scan...

Portion control can be an issue if you only have very small amounts to lose, but not for everyone else. I did eat enormous plates of food, i lost 6 1/2 pounds the first week, and lost a similar amount the following week.

My first week I was really worried about eating too much my first week so was making myself hungry by not eating enough. I lost 2.5lb that week. The second I decided to just eat... I followed the plan 100% eating big big meal until I wasn't hungry. I lost 6.5lb that week.

I have followed this all the way through and my current weight lose is 9st 1.5lb.

Follow your consultants advice and just eat what you feel like eating (within the plan of course!)

has it slowed down a lot though as you go into mid twenties bmi? it all just came to a juddering stop for me.

It did slow down but only through my own doing. I went on holiday in September and gained 2.5 lbs which was nothing (I was expecting 7!) then the following week I lost 4. Then I got cocky. Skimming here and there... Not remember a few syns here or there. I'd gain then lose it then gain some more. I tried an s.a.s log, success express, greens day etc. I was going up and down do much although never went above my pre holiday weight thank god. I just couldn't get back into the plan. I thought I was following it 100% but honestly I wasn't...

Anyway... After a 7lb gain at Christmas I decided to fully commit back to the plan 100%. I've now had 3 loses in a row. 2lbs then 1.5lbs and last week another 2lb. This is fairly normal for me then I will have a crazy lose one week randomly.

I wouldn't say my weight lose has slowed down much at all. I've always had some weeks or months where I've lost lots then not so much without changing the size of meals.

I love my food... I wouldn't follow slimming world if I couldn't eat!

What I do works for be, I guess we are all different. But keep the faith in the plan. It does work. Eat to satisfy yourself. Eating a plate of slimming world chips is always going to be better than eating a plate of fish and chip shop chips.

If you want something, have it.

Oh and use your syns! I find my weight loses are at there best when I use them!!

I hope this all makes some sense. I do bloody go off on one sometimes!!!

I don't worry about portion control at all-- which is why Slimming World works for me. Otherwise it's too stressful and ends up counterproductive. In my first months I was eating so much, inhaling carrots, ham and muller lights. Still lost.

Trust the plan and good luck!

I am banning myself from the scales until I am in group xxxx

This is THE SECRET in my opinion. NEVER. DO NOT. weigh at home. Throw your scales out, honestly they only lead to trouble. You have a sneaky peak and see youve lost so you have an extra 'treat' because "Ive lost this week" or you dont see a loss and you eat because "bugger it, its not working".

Just keep to plan and youll be ok :)

Amazing! I try to limit my portions, but only because I wasn't eating 'bad' before (more drinking!) but was eating HUGE portions...I've always had my superfree, at least half or a third, but I used to eat so many carbs (vegan = lots of carbs) and worry that i eat too many carbs but theres not much else I can do. It works though - my weight loss is slow and steady, I'd love to lose 3lb plus in a week, just to prove I can do it, I did it one week but I'd cut back on my syns, no drink, crazy amounts of exercise every week, small portions...I felt like I was on a diet that week, but don't feel like i am usually and this is why SW works. It is hard shaking off old habits, but step into it and you'll see that the plan works :)

another one who has huge portions I tend to have one pot meals so lots of supercharger I have noticed since starting after xmas I am not so hungry and portions have cut down naturally which means I save it either for mine or hubby lunch the next day nom nom

Back