So glad I have found this site

emski

Gold Member
Hi everyone,
I have been struggling for a while with my body and how it makes me feel. We all know the story.. Unhappy I eat, content I treat myself. The fridge becomes my best friend and my worst enemy. So nearly 4 weeks ago I decided I had had enough of feeling miserable about muffin tops and breasts the size of a small country. I am following the Slimming World programme (joined last year and was going well until I had to give up my job and could no longer afford the fees) It has all been going well a 9lb loss so far (as of last Saturday) But this week I have become quite scared about losing weight. From the posts I have read thisis pretty normal. I am so glad to have found this site as I know this is going to spur me on to my goal of 11.7 stones.
Thank you all in advance

hi and welcome :) this sight is fantastic and is a real inspiration well done on your loss so far........i joined back too sw on mon and am like you just know this site will spur me on xx so good luck from me xx

Thank you for the welcome. I was talking to my other half earlier about how I am feeling and typically as a man he had no concept of what I was talking about. He thinks the solution to weight loss is just not eating!!! AS IF !!
I am unable to join a group at the moment as I work long shifts and would miss more than I would attend so all support on here is appreciated.

Welcome to Minimins emski:D:D:D

I hope you have a chance to browse around the site a bit and see how many different weightloss programmes and support there is for everyone. We are all at different stages of our own journeys so I hope you will feel as though you are with like-minded souls who understand.

We also have lots of other topics we all chat about and share our own experiences if we want to. Lots of laughs, and tissues with hugs when there's tears of pain.

Looking forward to seeing you on the boards and getting to know you better. Any questions about anything at all, then please feel free to post and ask and one of us will be there as soon as possible.

Have a look at the link below and we also have a thread "A big welcome to all new members" where you might like to start off in and tell us all a bit about yourself.

Lacey :)

(Mini's Guided Tour Of the MiniMins Website!!!)(Mini's Guided Tour Of the MiniMins Website!!!)(Mini's Guided Tour Of the MiniMins Website!!!)(Mini's Guided Tour Of the MiniMins Website!!!)(Mini's Guided Tour Of the MiniMins Website!!!)(Mini's Guided Tour Of the MiniMins Website!!!)(Mini's Guided Tour Of the MiniMins Website!!!)(Mini's Guided Tour Of the MiniMins Website!!!)(Mini's Guided Tour Of the MiniMins Website!!!)(Mini's Guided Tour Of the MiniMins Website!!!)(Mini's Guided Tour Of the MiniMins Website!!!)(Mini's Guided Tour Of the MiniMins Website!!!)http://www.minimins.com/introduction...s-website.html (Mini's Guided Tour Of the MiniMins Website!!!)

Welcome - and hope you find inspiration on all the forums ... we have a meets section - so take a look and come and join us!

Thank you for the welcome. I was talking to my other half earlier about how I am feeling and typically as a man he had no concept of what I was talking about. He thinks the solution to weight loss is just not eating!!! AS IF !!
I am unable to join a group at the moment as I work long shifts and would miss more than I would attend so all support on here is appreciated.

your post made me laugh... my fella is 5' 11" and his weight fluctuates between 10 and half and 11 stone. his advice for weight loss is to skip meals! an example of lunch on a diet from him is a packet of mini snackajacks!!!! he's the funniest bloke i've ever met!

he still can't get is head around the amount of food i pile on my plate and he's always questioning what i'm eating - i've told him to learn what i can eat on the plan or shut the f up!

Hi Emski, welcome to the forum and SW. You have a typical bloke there, mine will go to the shop and buy me 2 bars of chocolate! They just don't understand diets!

You will find all the support you need here so visit regularly and keep us updated on your progress x

Welcome Hun. We are all here to support you, its really helped me. Keep us posted xxx

hi emski i know what you mean my husband listens too me constantly talking about my diet and hearing things like i'm "starting tomorrow" or on "monday" and i know he's thinking yeah right he tries to understand but i know he thinks just flippin do it women but its not that easy once you start having issues with food it feels like a trap for instance this year alone i have joined ww? scottish slimmers? and now sw however this time i'm determined and with the support from this site and others who know what we are goin through i'm positive i can do it as i know this eating plan works as is great for someone like me who likes a grub lol xx

WOW.
Just logged on and found all these welcoming messages waiting for me. Thank you all soooo much.
Update on the weight loss weighed in a day early as i wont have time tomorrow (too much shopping and lunch with my friend as we are both child free!! yipee) Another pound gone.. 13 stone 8lbs :D
Update on dumb a** He is sitting eating a Rustlers Big One and a packet of crisps to be followed by Cadburys cream egg.. very supportive eh?? Hope he gets a stomach ache!!
Tonight I dont feel hungry at all as I had a large lunch.. Red day so made lean turkey mince burgers seasoned with salt and pepper, made a triple decker sandwich with Allisons wholemeal bread 400 gram loaf 3 slices a teaspoon of tomato relish and my A choice healthy extra allowance of cheddar cheese.. much tastier that dumb a**'s Rustler cow bum burger!! Had to hold it with two hands!!
I have had all my healthy extra's today as had weetabix for breakfast.
Son has gone to camp this weekend and DA is working tomorrow and Sunday 12 hour shifts :D
xxx

Welcome Emski. Your Turkey Burgers sound great. And at least you get some time to yourself this weekend with son away and DA on shifts lol

FT :)

your post made me laugh... my fella is 5' 11" and his weight fluctuates between 10 and half and 11 stone. his advice for weight loss is to skip meals! an example of lunch on a diet from him is a packet of mini snackajacks!!!! he's the funniest bloke i've ever met!

he still can't get is head around the amount of food i pile on my plate and he's always questioning what i'm eating - i've told him to learn what i can eat on the plan or shut the f up!

my boyfriend was like that, hes been doing sw now for the same amount of time as i have and has lost nearly a stone.

before he met me (and before sw) he never used to eat breakfast now i make him, hes 6ft and 11stone 3, a year ago he was 13.7 and now is at his ideal bmi of 21.5 and a size small :eek: he always used to believe that skipping meals and not eating breakfast makes you loose weight but i have proved to him otherwise

Hi everyone,
I have been struggling for a while with my body and how it makes me feel. We all know the story.. Unhappy I eat, content I treat myself. The fridge becomes my best friend and my worst enemy. So nearly 4 weeks ago I decided I had had enough of feeling miserable about muffin tops and breasts the size of a small country. I am following the Slimming World programme (joined last year and was going well until I had to give up my job and could no longer afford the fees) It has all been going well a 9lb loss so far (as of last Saturday) But this week I have become quite scared about losing weight. From the posts I have read thisis pretty normal. I am so glad to have found this site as I know this is going to spur me on to my goal of 11.7 stones.
Thank you all in advance

good luck hun :)

What a lovely day I have had..
Nice lie in this morning , then off to Matalan where I tried on some jeans and shorts.. they looked awful so I saved myself about £22 quid . Headed off to Asda armed with my shop to slim at asda book. Gave up on it after about 15 mins trying to work out some chilled couscous (was hungry and was going to have it for lunch as I was shopping) bought an apple and a banana instead. Bought a food processor for £13 soo exited as I want to chop things and slice them thinly. So coleslaw and homous city here I come. After being out far longer than expected my friend and I ended up at her house, rummaged in my shopping and had a bag of Ryvita Sweet Chilli minis, tub of cottage cheese and some chicken for "lunch". Then to another friends for a cup of tea and finally home to salmon covered in cracked pepper with homemade coleslaw (red onion, cabbage, carrot and extra light mayo) Was great till I had a particulary strong bit of pepper and nearly choked .. how embarrassing would that be. A packet of Rainbow Drops found their way into my mouth and as its Eurovision night I have had to have 2 small fun size chocolate treats to see me through to the bitter end.. however I have strawberries and sliced kiwi in the kitchen calling to me .
Dumb A** is on the other pc.. has lost a power point presentation he made the other day .. haha that is his punishment for the cowbum burger xxx

Back