So hard to get back on track

wind1

Last year I lost a stone and a half on slimming world. I signed up online for 3 months and by the second month had reached my target. Over the next couple of months I put back on a couple of pounds but was still very happy with my weight. Just before Christmas I was put out of action with a slipped disc which I am still recovering from. Due to spending a lot of time on my back, being signed off work and no exercise I have now put on just over half a stone. I wasn't particularly worried as I found it so easy to lose the weight last time I thought I would just be able to do again. How wrong I was! Every day I get up with good intentions of following slimming world rules but by mid morning I am failing. I don't really want to sign up and pay for 3 months (£60) as I know the rules and have all the recipes and syn values so feel I should be able to do by myself but it is so hard. Any tips to help me get motivated please

Have you got anyone you can do it with? I don't go to group but me and 3 colleagues do a lunch club so we take turns to do lunches. I've been less likely to be naughty

I don't have anyone to do it with no, I am going to weigh myself in the morning and put my weight on here then keep a food diary and weigh in each week. I'm hoping by putting my weight on here will give me the motivation to stick with it

its always so hard to get back on track and especially doing it alone too.... I always struggle. Get yourself some magazines and just try to have 1 good day to start off with, then the next and the next and so on. Writing stuff down helps me too. Good luck x

I keep a file of all the recipes I find and if I see something I may want or need to remember I take a photo and keep it in my phone so the next time I go shopping I have ideas

It's great that you've still counted the syns though rather than just giving up and having no idea. At least that way you can draw a line under it and move on

Ok not as bad as I thought. I weighed myself about 10 days ago and I was 11st 4lb, this morning I am 11st 2lb so even with all the syns I've still managed to lose. This has really spurred me on to do it, so watch this space! I'm starting back at work today after 10 weeks of being at home so hopefully that will help too

Back