So hard!

SocialButterfly80

Felt like I was doing ok today (day 3) but now I am really struggling! Just feel like eating something! The journey ahead seems so long and it's hard when you haven't seen any results yet.

Going to put my boys to bed then have my shake. Have had one boullion this morning - am I allowed another or not. Thought they were delicious!

I will keep focused but must admit am feeling low today :(

Hey SB, just keep reminding yourself of the reasons as to why you're doing this. Keep going, it will get easier. Once you're into ketosis, you shouldn't get any hunger pangs. Chin up and think of the slim new you waiting at the finish line! We're all here to support eachother too x

I felt a bit the same yesterday, my day 3, I just couldn't imagine doing this for long and thankfully today I feel loads better, these diets work so well, you'll lose so much weight and so many inches so much faster than any other type of plan. Also no annoying food choices to make and worry if they have too many calories or too much fat in them.

Getting to day 3 is brilliant, a couple more and you'll notice a big difference in the way you feel and just wait till you see your loss at weigh in :) Good luck, x

Awh, butterfly, hope your ok, I didn't drink enough water and am feeling that today, early yes but very bloaty, fingers are even slightly swollen :-( sitting here with a pint of water, must try harder to get it in me today, hope you have a good day hun
Emma
Xxx

It is hard work. It really is sometimes. but sadly that's the pay-off you get for the results.

Anything worth doing ain't easy, and if it was easy, everyone would be doing it!

Hang in there, have an early night, it gets better :)

Thanks so much everyone! Read all your comments first thing this morning and that has given me the motivation for the day ahead! Am on day 4 now and feeling good so far.

Had a sneaky peek on the scales (I know it's very naughty and will not do this again till week one over!) and was happy. 6lb lighter than day one so at least now I feel the hard work is reflecting in the scales.

Just had morning shake and am now on with the bottles of water! Hopefully these hunger pangs will start subsiding as you say and I will soon be in lovely ketosis!

Really do appreciate your comments as without coming on here you can feel quite lonely! My husband works away during the week and will be home tomo - that is when temptation will be hard as he is not on exante. Will just keep popping on here when I feel weak!

Hope everyone has a good food free today and lets keep focused on the end result! Xxxx

ketosis is just a physical reaction to a drastic restriction in carbs - don't hold on to the idea that it is some sort of enlightenment. If you do, you might be sorely disappointed! You still feel hungry at times, tummy rumbles, you still crave some days, and the overall bluntening of one's appetite may be simply down to the food restriction itself. Once your body realises it's not getting fed, it sometimes stops asking so loudly. Not raining on your fireworks, but knowledge is strength, an' all that.

If you're on day 4, you will be ketotic already, although you just might not have adjusted to being on a VLCD. So just take each day as it comes. Good days/bad days. Good luck. :)

Thanks very much miss demeanour. I know each day will be a mini battle until I get to my goal. Just would like this tiredness to end. To be honest I can't say I've felt hungry every day - I think it's my mind playing games with me and torturing me with thoughts of all the things I can't eat! I know if I caved in and ate something naughty I would feel awful and like someone said 'nothing tastes as good as being slim feels'.

At least we are all here to support each other and we will reach our goals. I'm on day 5 now and can already see and feel the results so can't wait to see the change in a few months time! Let's do this! X

I remember when I was on day 5, and I cried my eyes out thinking I couldn't do this and feeling dread at what lay ahead of me and how long I would have to stay on this diet, but I somehow persevered and today is now day 94 for me (three months) and the diet is now so easy, I rarely even think about wanting to eat. It does get better once ketosis kicks in and you get into a routine. It just becomes a part of your daily life with the bonus of losing weight. I promise it will get better :D

Thanks midnight-sparkles! You have done amazing! Bet you feel like a different person. It's so encouraging to hear from people like you who are proof that it works! It does seem a long journey ahead but hopefully this is the last time I will have to make it!

One day at a time and hopefully it WILL just become a way of life. Think the only think I will struggle with is social occasions. Once a month we have a babysitter so we usually go out for a meal or some drinks - how have you handled times like these? X

Thanks midnight-sparkles! You have done amazing! Bet you feel like a different person. It's so encouraging to hear from people like you who are proof that it works! It does seem a long journey ahead but hopefully this is the last time I will have to make it!

One day at a time and hopefully it WILL just become a way of life. Think the only think I will struggle with is social occasions. Once a month we have a babysitter so we usually go out for a meal or some drinks - how have you handled times like these? X

To be honest I haven't had to deal with that many social occasions although i was tested at Xmas, as had a couple of parties and of course Christmas day itself, but I was so determined that I would see this diet through to the end that I stayed on plan the whole time, just having my shakes and bars. I just ignored the food and drink at the parties and imagined how great I would feel come January when I would come out of xmas slimmer than I started. my family also have a regular monthly takeaway which is mainly for the kids, which I have had to sit through, but again, I just keep in mind how great I will feel come the summer when I can go out without having to cover up with extra layers to hide the fat and how much better I will feel within myself and how much more confident I will be and it somehow gets me through. Also as the weight starts to come off and your body changes that spurs you on too. My face is thinner with no double chin, my tops are falling off me, my hips are smaller my waist is trimmer, I have bones I never knew existed. All of these things keep me going, It's like wishing you could wake up thin, only it really does come true. Every day I wake up and find new parts of my body which have changed. It's awesome. My hubby has even started Exante now, as he's seen the results through me. He is on day 16 and so far lost just over a stone. It's a fantastic diet. :D

That is amazing. I am going to refer back to your post whenever I am struggling so thank you for taking the time to put all that. You must just be buzzing now and bet your husband feels like he's got a new wife! Well done - you are an inspiration x

What an inspiration, and helpful post. I too will keep referring back to this one, thanks so much, and well done on such a mammoth achievement. I hope that I can reach day 94 too. Well I am sure I can but it just seems such a long way away! Thanks for these posts

Back