So helpfull

Can I just say how helpfull I am finding this forum! Having done the cd diet successfully before and experienced the benefits of ketosis I initially thought I would go back on it 5 weeks ago. However I ended up doing a combination of cd and atkins because I don't like being seen to not eat around my kids! Over the 5 weeks I have started to understand the principles of atkins much more ( mostly due to these pages!) and I am now finding I have a tenuous but growing confidence in the diet. I find I only have occasional shakes now. I am really enjoying the food, feeling good and loosing weight at a resonable speed! It's all good and just goes to show you don't have to give up food. I swear this diet can't be as unhealthy as some would suggest as I feel so so well. I always felt bloated and had so many cravings whilst eating carbs!!! Thanks guys for all your valuable information xxx

well done Chell! I do find I want to"scale jump" daily, but I am trying to be disciplined, and being back on nights this week, means I can't weigh first thing in the morning, due to body clock being out of sync, so am hoping for a big visit from the whoosh fairy next Sunday.

Keep focussed, onwards and downwards!

isnt it fantastic when it 'clicks' and you realise your doing the right thing!

onwards and downwards babe, any Q's shout up!

I feel the same too, like I could be successful with this :D
I am glad to have so many buddies on here too
xx

I couldn't have done it without the support on here :D

It is fantastic all the support you get on here, and to know others are there going through this with you. Missed you all, now i am back :p x

I have learned so much more on here - read the book but some things just don't sink in till someone tells you in plain english lol - you lot are brill!
Bren xx

Can I just say how impressed I still am by the way you guys all support each other. I have taken a sneaky peak through some of the other forums, and I know I am biast, but I think we got the best!! Big up the atkins crew!!

Anyway ..... As for me? I feel like I've had a right rough few days. Full of self doubt on all sorts of levels, and the day I felt really unwell threw me big time. Since Thursday I have stuck to my plan. The scales are not coming out untill Tuesday, if I feel weak I add a few carbs but try to stay under 35 and I am really trying to listen to my body and strike the right balance. I love this diet and I am enjoying the cooking/eating and I see it as a long term plan rather than a quick fix, but I want to feel really well again and shake the low feeling that has hit me this week.

On reflection, I have stuck with it and carried on despite some real tough moments this week. I just really really hope I see some result on the scales on Tuesday cos I worried how I will feel about things if I lose nothing or put on ....... Fingers crossed. X

Back