So helpfull

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by chell_needs_to_change, 14 August 2010 Social URL.

1. chell_needs_to_change

chell_needs_to_change Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(6.13%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Can I just say how helpfull I am finding this forum! Having done the cd diet successfully before and experienced the benefits of ketosis I initially thought I would go back on it 5 weeks ago. However I ended up doing a combination of cd and atkins because I don't like being seen to not eat around my kids! Over the 5 weeks I have started to understand the principles of atkins much more ( mostly due to these pages!) and I am now finding I have a tenuous but growing confidence in the diet. I find I only have occasional shakes now. I am really enjoying the food, feeling good and loosing weight at a resonable speed! It's all good and just goes to show you don't have to give up food. I swear this diet can't be as unhealthy as some would suggest as I feel so so well. I always felt bloated and had so many cravings whilst eating carbs!!! Thanks guys for all your valuable information xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. missbiker

missbiker Silver Member

Diet:
    SW
    well done Chell! I do find I want to"scale jump" daily, but I am trying to be disciplined, and being back on nights this week, means I can't weigh first thing in the morning, due to body clock being out of sync, so am hoping for a big visit from the whoosh fairy next Sunday.

Keep focussed, onwards and downwards!

4. MissyMustDoIt

MissyMustDoIt Silver Member

Start Weight:
    146.1kg
    Current Weight:
    141.1kg
    Goal Weight:
    69.9kg
    Lost(%):
    5kg(3.42%)
    Diet:
    Atkins/bariatric surgery/Slimmm
    isnt it fantastic when it 'clicks' and you realise your doing the right thing!

onwards and downwards babe, any Q's shout up!

5. jools1986

jools1986 Silver Member

Diet:
    Natural Ketosis Company/Atkins
    I feel the same too, like I could be successful with this :D
    I am glad to have so many buddies on here too
    xx

6. Cinta

Cinta Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st5lb(-3.25%)
    Diet:
    LC/Atkins
    I couldn't have done it without the support on here :D

7. chell_needs_to_change

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(6.13%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Thanks guys, you are all so right. The constant support and reassurance realy does make all the difference xxx :p

8. Freckles79

Freckles79 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    It is fantastic all the support you get on here, and to know others are there going through this with you. Missed you all, now i am back :p x

9. Quak

Quak Gold Member

I have learned so much more on here - read the book but some things just don't sink in till someone tells you in plain english lol - you lot are brill!
    Bren xx

10. chell_needs_to_change

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(6.13%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Can I just say how impressed I still am by the way you guys all support each other. I have taken a sneaky peak through some of the other forums, and I know I am biast, but I think we got the best!! Big up the atkins crew!!

Anyway ..... As for me? I feel like I've had a right rough few days. Full of self doubt on all sorts of levels, and the day I felt really unwell threw me big time. Since Thursday I have stuck to my plan. The scales are not coming out untill Tuesday, if I feel weak I add a few carbs but try to stay under 35 and I am really trying to listen to my body and strike the right balance. I love this diet and I am enjoying the cooking/eating and I see it as a long term plan rather than a quick fix, but I want to feel really well again and shake the low feeling that has hit me this week.

On reflection, I have stuck with it and carried on despite some real tough moments this week. I just really really hope I see some result on the scales on Tuesday cos I worried how I will feel about things if I lose nothing or put on ....... Fingers crossed. X

11. Quak

Quak Gold Member

Hugs to you Chell, we all have our down days but somehow we get through - keep on keeping on :D
    Bren xx

12. chell_needs_to_change

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(6.13%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Awwww thanks Bren :D xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.