So here goes...

little'un

Feels really weird writing this but also strangely good to get it all off my chest so here goes...

I've been trying slimming world for a week now and weighed in this morning - lost 1.5lb. Doesn't sound amazing after a week as usually losses are much bigger on week one but its definitely a start and its my * week.

I have struggled with eating problems since being a teenager, weight on, weight off etc. much of it feelings related. When i was at university i then hit an all time low and had some really bad problems with food, lost lots of weight as well as confidence and self esteem and was in a really bad place. Its taken a long time but i've had about 3 really good years now where i feel happy with life, i'm happy with work, relationships and family but i've also put quite abit of weight on that i want to shift.

I was worried about starting a diet that was restrictive, calorie counting based etc as i don't want to fall back to my own ways and also i'm vegetarian and so i appreciate many diets ban carbs but then i found slimming world. It seemed perfect as its the opposite to all of the above and so far i've really enjoyed it.

I guess i'm scared as i am eating what feels like an awful lot of carbs but i have lost weight this week, even though it is a little bit. I'm really looking for some reassurance that green days won't make me even fatter!!

I've spent a long time reading posts on here and really enjoy following peoples journeys. I've finally built up the courage to post.

Back