So Here I Go Again..........On My Own?

dreamslim

Silver Member
This is about the 15th time I would have joined slimming world, yet again bigger than when I left. :( I have struggled to lose any weight at all this year and have pretty much tried everything. I've been calorie counting for the last month and despite having 1200-1600 calories every day I managed to lose 3lbs in the first week and nothing since then. :(

i have decided, therefore, to go back to slimming world and give it a good go. The problem I have is my OH, he loves cooking with cream and butter and hates substitutions which makes things difficult when I want to do slimming world (for difficult also read expensive!)

I'm thinking of trying it alone for the first couple of weeks and see how I get on because I want to join a Saturday group but am away next Saturday so no point going this week and missing my first time! I also don't want to drag my heels and give myself an excuse for the next 2 weeks and put on the only 3lb I've lost in the last 15 months :cry:

Anyway, what I was hoping was if anyone is willing to help me get restarted for the next 2 weeks before I can sign up and get the books/website etc. Has anything changed since July? I know there are new books this year but are there any noticeable differences? Any help with synning etc would be greatly appreciated.

I started again January - in the 3 weeks do far I have managed 11lbs loss (6lb 3lb & 2lb) that's using my previous knowledge & books so if things have changed then can't be that different as it obv still works!

I would just say go fit it, 100 % commitment & use the site if & when you need to. I find logging in daily helps keep me on track enough

Good luck xx

This is about the 15th time I would have joined slimming world, yet again bigger than when I left. :( I have struggled to lose any weight at all this year and have pretty much tried everything. I've been calorie counting for the last month and despite having 1200-1600 calories every day I managed to lose 3lbs in the first week and nothing since then. :(

i have decided, therefore, to go back to slimming world and give it a good go. The problem I have is my OH, he loves cooking with cream and butter and hates substitutions which makes things difficult when I want to do slimming world (for difficult also read expensive!)

I'm thinking of trying it alone for the first couple of weeks and see how I get on because I want to join a Saturday group but am away next Saturday so no point going this week and missing my first time! I also don't want to drag my heels and give myself an excuse for the next 2 weeks and put on the only 3lb I've lost in the last 15 months :cry:

Anyway, what I was hoping was if anyone is willing to help me get restarted for the next 2 weeks before I can sign up and get the books/website etc. Has anything changed since July? I know there are new books this year but are there any noticeable differences? Any help with synning etc would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Hun I have just come back to sw as well after trying various other diets but decided sw was the best one :) good luck getting back into the swing of it xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks both. Glad to see I'm not the only serial starter. :)

slimmerbytheday - I'm so glad it's working, part of me thinks that I have done slimming world so many times that I should be able to do it on my own. I know the science behind it, I get syns and extra easy, red, green etc so I think I'll dig out my old books and get started on sun (rugby on Saturday which involves a fair bit of drinking so don't wanna start for 2 days and then feel like I've ruined it. Lol).

Back