So, it's WI tomorrow and...

Carthago delenda est

Silver Member
I decided to weigh myself and my scales are telling me that I've put ON weight :(

I don't ever weigh myself on my scales, but for some reason I did and I'm quite upset and annoyed now.

They are mechanical...but still...to see even a bit of a loss on them would have made my evening, but now I'm probably going to sit around feeling sorry for myself.

I thought that I ate pretty OK this week, sticking to my 10 syns or less rule and I kept a food diary. Blah...rant over :cry:

Home scales LIE! They do, I swear it. If you have eaten well you probably have lost weight, if not then as body's are weird it may take 2 weeks for something to happen!

I jumped on the scales today (my first WI is tomorrow) and was horrified to see I'd put on 4lbs. Glum is me. A good argument for not weighing home - misery lies there lol!

Thanks guys. I think the moral of the story is 'don't weigh at home!'

I'm hoping for the best. I really wanted to lose more than 2lbs this week... now, I just want a loss; I'll even take 0.5lbs!

I posted a similar thing earlier today so I feel your pain. I'm seriously thinking of getting rid of the scales and just going by SW each week. Don't know if I could do it though!

don't weigh on scales other than the SW ones - all other scales are deciving.
I stood on my mum's scales today and they have told me I've put on 6lbs and I know that is NOT right.

So don't let it get you down - your scales will tell you a different weight every time you stand on them - the SW ones won't (or at least shouldn't) :)

throw your scales away! I have...

however, i got drawn into a "your scales are wrong" argument at my dad's bbq yesterday, everybody was 3/4 stone or 1stone heavier than their true weight, my sister got a bit upset as she has lost 3stone with lighter life and she was a stone heavier, so I said well I know exactly what I weigh jumped on scales and was 3lbs heavier...now i know the evidence proves the scales are crap but it has left me in sheer terror for WI on tuesday!

I threw my scales out before I started SW - I knew I would be tempted to weigh - especially as you feel you eat so much. Don't panic go to class and I am sure you'll b fine. Good luck!

OK guys, so I lost 0.5lbs. I am quite disappointed but will try extra hard this week.

I agree with the whole scales being inaccurate... but I'm going it alone, and don't really know how else I'd weigh myself, as I'm not sure where else I can get weighed! xxx

I agree with the whole scales being inaccurate... but I'm going it alone, and don't really know how else I'd weigh myself, as I'm not sure where else I can get weighed! xxx

boots! its only 50p and it does your BMI and body fat percentagey thing too :) i did feel like a bit of a wolly emptying all my pockets and taking my shoes off though :p xx

Moral of the story...do NOT weigh on your scales at home!
You have lost this week Hun, even if you thought that you were going to gain, so well done!
Just dont weigh again apart from the class!
xx

OK guys, so I lost 0.5lbs. I am quite disappointed but will try extra hard this week.

Ok first off... Well done on losing 0.5lb. I know you wnated more, but a loss is a loss, and needs to be congratulated. All those 'disappointing' losses contribute to the big loss at the end. So well done and keep up the good work!

Thanks guys, I've sent my C a copy of this week's food diary and she said she'll help me see where I'm not going right. My mum also only lost 0.5lbs oddly enough and she doesn't keep a food diary...

Back