So, I've blown the plan three days in...oops.

Carthago delenda est

Silver Member
So, I knew coming home from university wasn't going to be easy. I haven't seen people in a while and I knew some invites out were going to come my way.

This evening I was invited out to Tinseltown (an American style diner) where I ate a BBQ double cheese burger with fries and an Oreo milkshake.

I am only 3 days into my plan and I feel I have been OK so far and I know about flexible syns, but I am still worried; I hope I make a loss as it is my first week.

Argh, I feel so horrible! :cry:

Try not to worry. Just eat well for the rest of the week. Remember to drink lots of water too, I've found that helps.

That meal won't blow your weeks loss though. :)

hi, im coming home from uni next week to go back to my parents for the summer and i am DREADING not being able to cook evening meals for myself :( apart from your little blip (thats all it was - dont panic) at Tinseltown how are you finding it?

its not that my parents eat badly its just the amount of oil and stuff that they use that really worries me syns-wise, does anyone think i would be ok eating my usual weetabix & milk (HexA+HexB) and a syn free lunch and snacks? im on EE so im quite flexible anyway im just panicking a bit!! any help/ideas would be muchly appreciated! xxx

hi, im coming home from uni next week to go back to my parents for the summer and i am DREADING not being able to cook evening meals for myself :( apart from your little blip (thats all it was - dont panic) at Tinseltown how are you finding it?

its not that my parents eat badly its just the amount of oil and stuff that they use that really worries me syns-wise, does anyone think i would be ok eating my usual weetabix & milk (HexA+HexB) and a syn free lunch and snacks? im on EE so im quite flexible anyway im just panicking a bit!! any help/ideas would be muchly appreciated! xxx

Other than today I'm finding it fine as I'm doing SW with my mum so food and cooking isn't a problem.

You should be fine, though maybe sometimes you can offer to cook for your parents. They would not know the difference!!! :D

If I could thank people, I would thank all of you. You have reassured me so much! It is only one meal of the week and I will take on board all of your comments! Thanks so much!

Emma-Louise - I agree with Carthago's post. Offering to cook for your parents might be the way forward. I've been staying with my parents this week for half term, and the rest of my family aren't following SW. I've cooked some meals for myself e.g. SW quiche, bolognese etc as they didn't fancy them (did me a few portions), and when we're cooking for the family I've persuaded my mum to use fry-light instead of oil. They can't tell the difference! They still have butter etc on potatoes, whereas I'll leave it off. It is do-able hun, it might just take a while for them to adjust!

Sian xxx

Other than today I'm finding it fine as I'm doing SW with my mum so food and cooking isn't a problem.

You should be fine, though maybe sometimes you can offer to cook for your parents. They would not know the difference!!! :D

awww im so jealous, my mums all for healthy eating and stuff and she knows the main "gist" of SW but both of my parents are so laid back about the whole thing, "oh go onnn" kind of attitude that they dont follow it properly so it makes things quite difficult :( especially when ive been following it so strictly while at uni.

i would love to cook for the whole family and try and convert them but even though ive been away at uni for a whole year (and cooked for 10 people several times) im still not trusted to make a family meal on my own..... parents ey! thank you for the suggestions im deffo gonna try :D

YOu could always do some red or greens and use a B on oil?

One meal wont hurt too much.

i think of it like this...
it doesnt matter how many slip ups you make as long as you keep trying you will eventually get there. its a journey, a mistake wont stop you getting to where you want to be, it might just slow you down a little.

Chin up chuck x

Also if your going home, could you not offer to cook some meals for everyone sometimes? that way you could control the oil etc and then if some of the meals are a bit syn worthy at least its limited damage x

You guys are so right. It was only one meal. I'm going to be super good for the rest of the week and see what happens. As long as I make a loss I'll be happy!

Just remember to drink PLENTY of water!

Emma--why don't you make a batch of SW chili or whatever else you normally make for yourself and freeze it in portions? That way, there's always an alternative if the family meal seems a little SW-unfriendly to you?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Basic/Non Branded Foods Burger Bars, Cheeseburger average each
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
15½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 15½ Syns
green.gif
Green 15½ Syns
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Basic/Non Branded Foods Milk shake, average ready made, thick 284ml
[/FONT]
extraeasy.gif
13 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 13 Syns
green.gif
Green 13 Syns
[/FONT]
See even if you double the syns for the burgher then it's like 3 days syns! Just draw a line and drink lots of water, and I bet you, being that it's your first week you will still have a good loss.
[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Basic/Non Branded Foods Burger Bars, Cheeseburger average each
[/FONT]
extraeasy.gif
15½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 15½ Syns
green.gif
Green 15½ Syns
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Basic/Non Branded Foods Milk shake, average ready made, thick 284ml
[/FONT]
extraeasy.gif
13 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 13 Syns
green.gif
Green 13 Syns
[/FONT]
See even if you double the syns for the burgher then it's like 3 days syns! Just draw a line and drink lots of water, and I bet you, being that it's your first week you will still have a good loss.
[/FONT]​

Thank you so much! This makes me feel so much better!!! :D

Back