So many people gone missing !

Pommette said:
Perhaps we should get a new section set up called

Off-topic - great debates, no abuse allowed !!!! :D

Fab!!! I notice a lot of people have disclaimers under their sigs now, amazing!

Fab!!! I notice a lot of people have disclaimers under their sigs now, amazing!

Such a shame that it came to that..........perhaps now no one will need to.....................if one doesn't agree with something it can be done politely and intelligently stating ones own point of view.

This is my 2nd foray into mins. I joined last year but my profile disappeared and I was more of a lurker then. I joined again in June and I have found it so useful keeping me on track and having support 24/7, but even in that short time I have seen people go and there have been a lot of oddly angry responses from folk to seemingly innocuous remarks. I do hope you "oldies" do stick around cos we do need people who are at different stages of their weight loss journey and also their mins journey. I will forever be indebted to Madamelaminx for her salt and pepper chicken and her sense of humour. Both of which I miss. So please do all stick around, it's the strangely angry folk who need to disappear off, not the folk who genuinely have good intentions in helping people along the way whatever way they choose to do it.

Has MLM been totally deleted from Minis? I can't even find her anywhere.
And can someone post her salt & Pepper chicken recipe. I need to know what this is!!!!

OMG................looks like it Bev..............I can not find her either !!

I found this........................

Ingredients

Chicken breasts (I used 4, and that gave 3 of us loads each) chopped into strips.
2 onions, sliced so they made nice circles
4-5 cloves of finely chopped/minced garlic
a bunch of spring onions topped, tails, and chopped into small bits.
3-4 green or red chillis (I used 4 finger chillis which are rated hot, if you dont like very spicy stuff, drop down to a medium heat variety)
a green pepper (I didnt have a green one so I used a yellow one instead) chopped into small chunks.
sea salt
black pepper

Liberally frylight a wok or large frying pan and heat up.
Add onions and green pepper to pan, and fry over a medium heat so they soften up nicely.
Add garlic, spring onions, chillis to pan and fry for a further minute or so.
Add chicken strips.
Throw several large pinches of sea salt and pepper over the chicken.
Fry the whole bally lot together, stirring repeatedly until the chicken is cooked through.

So she is still around !!!

fillymum said:
I found this........................

Ingredients

Chicken breasts (I used 4, and that gave 3 of us loads each) chopped into strips.
2 onions, sliced so they made nice circles
4-5 cloves of finely chopped/minced garlic
a bunch of spring onions topped, tails, and chopped into small bits.
3-4 green or red chillis (I used 4 finger chillis which are rated hot, if you dont like very spicy stuff, drop down to a medium heat variety)
a green pepper (I didnt have a green one so I used a yellow one instead) chopped into small chunks.
sea salt
black pepper

Liberally frylight a wok or large frying pan and heat up.
Add onions and green pepper to pan, and fry over a medium heat so they soften up nicely.
Add garlic, spring onions, chillis to pan and fry for a further minute or so.
Add chicken strips.
Throw several large pinches of sea salt and pepper over the chicken.
Fry the whole bally lot together, stirring repeatedly until the chicken is cooked through.

So she is still around !!!

This is the one. I haven't had it from the takeaway so have no comparison bit I love this. I'm very liberal with the chillies so it is really spicy. I also use chicken thighs as not keen on breasts. Hope you enjoy it.

This is such a sad thread, but I also understand why people are more reluctant to post. There are some down right nasty people on this forum who seem to turn on others just cos they don't like the answers they receive to questions! I for one, will not be posting much anymore after the way I've been treated this last week-it's taken me a good hour or so to work out what to write in this post! I relied on minimins as my support network, when I changed diets and proved quite successful but my confidence has been shattered by their harsh words and it'll take me a while to get back

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

ah Jo, it's rubbish isn't it.....

I let it get to me for a while but, to be honest, I missed the chit chat and support of my friends.

*hugs*

Guys don't let people who have a chip on their shoulder get to you, the majority of people on here are lovely and in the end everyone is aiming for the same thing (apart from the odd troll). People think they can be rude over the internet because of the anonymity of it, ignore them, don't give them what they want by moving on. Too many people appreciate you on here to let one or two idiots spoil it :)

I totally agree with jenna, i love this place! Its invaluable to me. Welshtigger, please dont stop posting, i love your advice.x

l0v3child said:
I totally agree with jenna, i love this place! Its invaluable to me. Welshtigger, please dont stop posting, i love your advice.x

Thanks, it's just difficult as in a lot of ways, I help others to help myself-by giving them advice, it reinforces to me that I know what I'm doing, and how to do it-and makes it all a bit easier! The person in question has been reported, and I have spoken directly to the mods about it-the person even sent me a PM saying how rude, blunt and pateonising i am and that loads of people think that-that really hurt as all I try to do is help-as surely were all here for the same reason :banghead:

Last edited:
I'm still here I just tend to stay away from stupid people who think 'S/He who shouts loudest MUST be right' and then accusing everyone of bullying.
Oh and the 'helpful' advice that a crock of crap but you aren't allowed to tell them that!

To be clear I'm talking about the person who said I was talking rubbish when I said calorie counting is NOT doing SW.
The people that say they can't eat veg, now unless there are alot of food phobics I can't see that this is true, its that they WON'T eat it and then the people who come and affirm that it's ok to do EE without fruit or veg.
I could go on.

Jo - don't you dare disappear!!!
Ignore the people who are nasty and bah-humbug to the moderators.
Just talk to us old-timers who enjoy a good debate and don't scream and shout when the advice they receive is not what they really wanted to hear, but makes sense anyway.

Shirleen - same for you too. Bullies are bullies in any language and if people think they can do SW without fruit and veg then just smile sweetly to yourself and don't answer the thread.

That's what I do now. Read, laugh, smile and don't even bother to post.
They'll not lose weight consistently and whinge like mad that they must be one of the small percentage that SW doesn't work for.
Load of BULL - they just can't follow the plan properly.

Pommette said:
Jo - don't you dare disappear!!!
Ignore the people who are nasty and bah-humbug to the moderators.
Just talk to us old-timers who enjoy a good debate and don't scream and shout when the advice they receive is not what they really wanted to hear, but makes sense anyway.

Shirleen - same for you too. Bullies are bullies in any language and if people think they can do SW without fruit and veg then just smile sweetly to yourself and don't answer the thread.

That's what I do now. Read, laugh, smile and don't even bother to post.
They'll not lose weight consistently and whinge like mad that they must be one of the small percentage that SW doesn't work for.
Load of BULL - they just can't follow the plan properly.

Have just retread my post-it wasn't the moderators who said I was rude, it was the person causing problems-realised it probably didn't read correctly lol x thanks tho x

Jo, I haven't a clue what has happened to you but I do know that it would be a great loss to us all.

You are a lovely, honest, helpful and polite person........................now this is an order............we need you so do not go away !! Do not let some stupid person get to you. If you do they have won.

big, big hugs,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

fillymum said:
Jo, I haven't a clue what has happened to you but I do know that it would be a great loss to us all.

You are a lovely, honest, helpful and polite person........................now this is an order............we need you so do not go away !! Do not let some stupid person get to you. If you do they have won.

big, big hugs,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ok! Thanks!! More importantly tho-when are you coming to Llandudno lol xxxx

Back