So many people gone missing !

Ok! Thanks!! More importantly tho-when are you coming to Llandudno lol xxxx

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

Perhaps the beginning of November depending on dosh !!!! Coffee together????

HI

Sorry just wanted to butt in with my twopenny worth - Welshtigger and Shirleen I think yr great and certainly
good role models you and others inspired my 2.5stone weight loss. What with the good advice and following diary's
I managed to get where I am today. So while yr on line a really really big thank you.

I think in this day and age there is a lot of anger not just on here but everywhere and unfortuantly some people direct it at others. Please dont give up the good advice and tips, just ignore the angry people, they must have their reasons for being so angry at the world

Lyn

fillymum said:
Perhaps the beginning of November depending on dosh !!!! Coffee together????

Most definately!!! Give me some notice and I can sort time off xx

The thing is, if you don't tell people what they want to hear, they get grumpy - for example, the person who is struggling to lose weight, but on another thread says they have a treat night......

Grr..... I always used to post "please post syn queries in the sub forum" etc but you get your head bitten off for that these days!!!

Jo - you are a star. Nuff said.

Hope y'all don't mind me posting on this thread as a newbie - just wanted to say that although new here am a veteran of net forums and without exception they all go through phases of... crapness shall we call it? maybe with this being weight loss it goes a bit deeper than a lot of others, people are quick to get defensive if they think you are saying they are wrong, that's their problem, not yours so please don't be leaving over it.

the true testament is the re-building of the ethos and community spirit of the forums by old timers and the contribution of newbies coming in, I have to say that in less than a week I have been helped by a lot of you on this thread, don't give up, don't give in, let's all make this a great place :)

PS if anyone is in contact with MLM please could they let her know she's missed.

I agree with everything above and am all for a forum where we can discuss things and give support where it's needed. I'm happy for people to tell me where I'm going wrong that's why I'm here, I have gone wrong so many times in the past! I have read some really horrid posts and I just can't see the point. it doesn't help anyone when people are rude and offensive and if they are here to vent then there are appropriate places to do that and it still needn't be nasty.

Hope y'all don't mind me posting on this thread as a newbie - just wanted to say that although new here am a veteran of net forums and without exception they all go through phases of... crapness shall we call it? maybe with this being weight loss it goes a bit deeper than a lot of others, people are quick to get defensive if they think you are saying they are wrong, that's their problem, not yours so please don't be leaving over it.

the true testament is the re-building of the ethos and community spirit of the forums by old timers and the contribution of newbies coming in, I have to say that in less than a week I have been helped by a lot of you on this thread, don't give up, don't give in, let's all make this a great place :)

I so agree especially with the last bit. I lurk more than post but have read so much useful stuff on here and its really great to have established posters who know SW inside out.

HI

Sorry just wanted to butt in with my twopenny worth - Welshtigger and Shirleen I think yr great and certainly
good role models you and others inspired my 2.5stone weight loss. What with the good advice and following diary's
I managed to get where I am today. So while yr on line a really really big thank you.

I think in this day and age there is a lot of anger not just on here but everywhere and unfortuantly some people direct it at others. Please dont give up the good advice and tips, just ignore the angry people, they must have their reasons for being so angry at the world

Lyn
Brilliant post Lyn to two very worthy people...........

Chookiehen said:
HI

Lyn

jaylou said:
The thing is, if you don't tell people what they want to hear, they get grumpy - for example, the person who is struggling to lose weight, but on another thread says they have a treat night......

Grr..... I always used to post "please post syn queries in the sub forum" etc but you get your head bitten off for that these days!!!

Jo - you are a star. Nuff said.

fillymum said:
Brilliant post Lyn to two very worthy people...........

Thanks all! The person who'd been causing me problems doesn't seem to have posted much lately so it's a bit less stressful now! Hope you're all having a good weekend x

I've been missing posting-wise for quite some time, fallen off the waggon big time but still keep sneaking a peak on here every so often to see what people are up to, and really do miss being on here every day and all the support and banter! Though even towards the end of when I was in and posting every day I did notice the atmosphere change a little and that it wasn't as friendly as it used to be, apart from the old stalwarts who always have and always will be fab! I didn't realise that MLM had gone, such a huge shame as she was lovely and very supportive as well. If anyone is still in touch with her, send her my love.

I WILL get back on the wagon at some point but until then I shall continue to lurk and throw in the odd post just to confuse you all! ;)

Back