So much bloating it hurts!

StripedDaisy

A sucker for a key change
I have made a real effort to reduce my carb intake to see if it made a difference to my losses which until 2 weeks ago had been really slow and it has worked! I haven't gone totally red though! Twice this week I have had some for my lunch and both times (including right now) I am in pain from the bloating. It is making me miserable and I think it is worse since I have been on SW. I don't want to give them up totally as I like pasta, rice etc. Does anyone else have this problem and have you found a way round it (apart from abstaining of course)?

I have made a real effort to reduce my carb intake to see if it made a difference to my losses which until 2 weeks ago had been really slow and it has worked! I haven't gone totally red though! Twice this week I have had some for my lunch and both times (including right now) I am in pain from the bloating. It is making me miserable and I think it is worse since I have been on SW. I don't want to give them up totally as I like pasta, rice etc. Does anyone else have this problem and have you found a way round it (apart from abstaining of course)?

Sorry to say hun but I am exactly the same with carbs, have to keep them to a total minimum at all times x

I completely sympathise MrsMac I to get that feeling when I have white pasta, if I eat wholewheat it doesn't happen, but I stick to only having a small portion.

Can you link the pain to one particular carb, I dont get it with pots or rice but still limit the portion size of it.

Good luck with finding the root cause.

ive just moved onto to red from ee and my waist feels so much smaller! I love my carbs and can eat and eat and eat them but they deffo make me "puffier" around the tummy. Also i find that im not craving sweet things like i do when im all full of carbs

Have you tried Activia Fat Free yogurt?
I found 2 small pots per day really help with bloating and tummy problems.

what kind of pasta are you eating?? white or brown?? brown is less bloating than white

also basmati rice is better than american long grain

have u ever had this problem before?? maybe you have sensitivity to wheat??

Sorry to hear your in pain!! (((HUGS)))

I had this problem and it has gone away now that i have a smaller portion, i have been having 2 activia everyday though and that seems to have really helped!

xx
xx

you may have an intolerance honey, have you though of going to the docs? if you have you can have things like gluten free pasta etc, and it will make you feel better.

i suffer from bloating too. Actimel ff (1.5 syns) and Activia ff (free) every day has helped me

Thanks for all the posts! This week it was triggered by a mugshot :( and some basmati rice. When we have pasta it is always white. I tried to persuade my family to like wholewheat pasta a couple of years ago, but they started to complain! Having wondered if it was affecting my loss, I have made a concerted effort to reduce the carbs and thinking about it, I haven't been getting bloated at all (apart from the two occasions this week). Thinking back, reducing my bread intake when I started SW I also noticed a reduction in my bloatedness.

It is getting on for 5.5 hours now since I had the rice this lunchtime, and I am still in agony (down one side from my waist to my pelvis) although the bloating is all across my stomach. I tried to relieve some of the pressure at work (in the lavs), but the door kept opening so I gave up lol :flirt2:.

I will give all of the above a go....!!

Thanks again

Kate xx

I'm not sure why, but two versions of this thread are running...?

Thanks for all the advice!

Kate xx

Back