So much bloating it hurts!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by StripedDaisy, 25 March 2010 Social URL.

1. StripedDaisy

StripedDaisy A sucker for a key change

Diet:
    Slim & Save
    I have made a real effort to reduce my carb intake to see if it made a difference to my losses which until 2 weeks ago had been really slow and it has worked! I haven't gone totally red though! Twice this week I have had some for my lunch and both times (including right now) I am in pain from the bloating. It is making me miserable and I think it is worse since I have been on SW. I don't want to give them up totally as I like pasta, rice etc. Does anyone else have this problem and have you found a way round it (apart from abstaining of course)?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. StripedDaisy

Diet:
    Slim & Save
    I have made a real effort to reduce my carb intake to see if it made a difference to my losses which until 2 weeks ago had been really slow and it has worked! I haven't gone totally red though! Twice this week I have had some for my lunch and both times (including right now) I am in pain from the bloating. It is making me miserable and I think it is worse since I have been on SW. I don't want to give them up totally as I like pasta, rice etc. Does anyone else have this problem and have you found a way round it (apart from abstaining of course)?

4. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

Sorry to say hun but I am exactly the same with carbs, have to keep them to a total minimum at all times x

5. soccermom

soccermom I AM A WEMITT x

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(5.76%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I completely sympathise MrsMac I to get that feeling when I have white pasta, if I eat wholewheat it doesn't happen, but I stick to only having a small portion.

Can you link the pain to one particular carb, I dont get it with pots or rice but still limit the portion size of it.

Good luck with finding the root cause.

6. smoomoo

smoomoo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(23.84%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    ive just moved onto to red from ee and my waist feels so much smaller! I love my carbs and can eat and eat and eat them but they deffo make me "puffier" around the tummy. Also i find that im not craving sweet things like i do when im all full of carbs

7. malaika

malaika Lover of Extra Easy

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Have you tried Activia Fat Free yogurt?
    I found 2 small pots per day really help with bloating and tummy problems.

8. Simmy1978

Simmy1978 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(15.14%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    what kind of pasta are you eating?? white or brown?? brown is less bloating than white

also basmati rice is better than american long grain

have u ever had this problem before?? maybe you have sensitivity to wheat??

9. pesty

pesty Fighting the bulge

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sorry to hear your in pain!! (((HUGS)))

I had this problem and it has gone away now that i have a smaller portion, i have been having 2 activia everyday though and that seems to have really helped!

xx
    xx

10. Woodsylou

Woodsylou Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    you may have an intolerance honey, have you though of going to the docs? if you have you can have things like gluten free pasta etc, and it will make you feel better.

i suffer from bloating too. Actimel ff (1.5 syns) and Activia ff (free) every day has helped me

11. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I find Aloe Vera works wonders, in fact Aloe Vera is a cure all:D

You can buy the capsules at Boots, don't try the liquid stuff it's minging:(

12. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

have you tried fennel tea as it can help with bloadedness

13. StripedDaisy

Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Thanks for all the posts! This week it was triggered by a mugshot :( and some basmati rice. When we have pasta it is always white. I tried to persuade my family to like wholewheat pasta a couple of years ago, but they started to complain! Having wondered if it was affecting my loss, I have made a concerted effort to reduce the carbs and thinking about it, I haven't been getting bloated at all (apart from the two occasions this week). Thinking back, reducing my bread intake when I started SW I also noticed a reduction in my bloatedness.

It is getting on for 5.5 hours now since I had the rice this lunchtime, and I am still in agony (down one side from my waist to my pelvis) although the bloating is all across my stomach. I tried to relieve some of the pressure at work (in the lavs), but the door kept opening so I gave up lol :flirt2:.

I will give all of the above a go....!!

Thanks again

Kate xx

14. StripedDaisy

Diet:
    Slim & Save
    I'm not sure why, but two versions of this thread are running...?

Thanks for all the advice!

Kate xx

15. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)

I have merged the two threads Kate!

16. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    I had the bloating too and switched to wholewheat pasta's and rice and also increased my fibre...with scan brans and the like and touch wood things have improved. Hope you can find a way to enjoy the foods you like and not feel like this x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.