So much to lose-head is spinning! :0(

Maxi

I can't quite believe the state that I'm in at the moment. I have 18 stone to lose. I tried lipotrim before & had good results, but sabotaged it all at Christmas & have been putting it back on since then. I'm thinking that I'd like to go back on it, in some ways it was horrid, but I kind of liked the strictness of it too! :eek: Even though I'm feeling so miserable with myself I can't get myself into diet mode, in fact it seems to be the opposite. The more I think about it, the more I want to eat, it's bizarre. I don't want to start & fail, but at the same time I can't work up any enthusiasm. Should I just stop whining & get on with it, or try to psyche myself up to start in a few weeks? Any help, ideas, thoughts, comments gratefully received! :wave_cry:

I agree with Cakeless. Think about losing three stone and reward yourself at the end... with something other than food (that is a terrible habit of mine!) Just losing 10% of your weight will give you enormous health benefits. If you can't face LT again, you could try Cambridge Diet on one of the higher plans, where you can eat a certain amount of food as well as the products. I know that works for some people although personally I prefer the strictness of the soul source programme with just three packs a day - and I have fallen off the wagon several times - but you just pick yourself up, brush yourself off and start again.

You CAN do this you just need the right motivation.

when i first started here i was 24 stone give or take a few pounds & this was in february this year. im now 15 stone 5lbs... i agree that lil goals are easier step by step ... so you have 18 in total to loose.. ho bout you say each stone gone is a mini step... and dont set a certain time limit .. remember slower it comes off teh better...

what diet you gunna do? xx

Thanks for your replies. You're right about the mini goals, I think its the whole idea of so much to lose that freaks me out the most. I feel a bit like a rabbit caught in car headlights, paralysed with fear! :cry:
I think that I'm going to go back onto the Lipotrim programme as I'm comfortable with that.

Goodluck with your weightloss journey Maxi. Remember we're all here for each other :p

Thanks for the encouragement guys! I've made an appointment so that I can go
back onto Lipotrim-YEAY! ;)
Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately? :confused:) she's not around until next week & the first appointment I could get is on Friday. So it gives me a few days to get my head into gear...
And to work out how add my info & do one of those ticker thingys. Everyone seems to have differant types, any thoughts on which seems most helpful?
Thanks again, especially to the people that sent me pm's.

tickerfactory.com

:)

and your welcome.. i will keep checking in to see how your doing , good luck with teh appointment xx

Do you think I should do a pre-diet diet to help once I start on the LT next weekend? Not sure if it will make it easier or not?

Well done for making the decision to start on LT. I have about 8st to lose and it seems so daunting. To me, LT makes all the decisions easy, just open a shake and drink loads of water. I'm nearl at the end of week 3 and feel great because I know I am now in control of myself. A long road ahead but every journey starts with one step. Agree with the mini goals. My own is to stick with this for six weeks and see how I am going. Right now I feel I will stick with it for a lot longer. This site is great for support so good luck on your journey.

Good luck with your start, I have never tried any of the liquid only diets, I like food too much! I have to try and make a plan then stick to it, like you have done, arranged your appointment, get prepared,the go one day at a time, dont stress yourslef with big goals , Rome wasnt built in one day honey x

Thanks IrishMolly & Tubbiesgirl, your support really helps. I'd been feeling quite miserable over the
weekend, then saw an old friend that I hadn't seen for 20 years. She has had a very sad & tough time & it gave me the perspective I needed. I managed to get in for a LT appointment today & plan to start tomorrow. YEAY!!!! :eek: :wave_cry: :D

Hi Maxi
Just wanted to say hello and let you know you can do it. Back in January I felt like you about my weight and the mammoth journey I would have and how would I be able to cope. Well here I am 7 months down the road almost ten stone lighter and really looking forward to life. Go hour by hour, day by day and before you know it, it is just the way your life is and the weight is dropping off. Use minimins as much as possible there are lovely people on all kind of diets who will always give support if you need it. Good luck on your journey and stay focused and you will be fine.

Thanks Pancras, it's good to hear from someone who started off at a similar weight. You've done so well, in really quite a short space of time. I've been reading peoples stories on here & it's amazing how well most people seem to do. I've been looking at b4 & after photos for inspiration! I'm feeling pretty ok at the mo (just ending day 2)although drinking the water is hard & my jaw feels strange because it's not getting its usual exercise!!! :eek:

Well done on taking the decision!! :D

how did your first day go?

Having a horrible day, have an evil witch head on because of not sleeping last night. :mad: I posted on the LT forum & others have had a similar sleep problems in the first few weeks, the good news is that it passes! So I'm cold, tired, grumpy, fed up of drinking water & feel like eating my weight in something that's not a shake. I may just need to go to bed... :wave_cry:

From what i understand it will pass indeed, it's the withdrawal symptoms?

But i can understand it's hard to get through, going to bed is a very good idea!

Just keep in mind that it will pass and you will feel a lot better when it has :D

And! congrats on passing your first few days!

Hey Maxi!

I have a similar amount to lose as you. I am doing the Cambridge Diet, and have just finished my first week. I absolutely understand where you are coming from. I have to lose 19 stone, and it's just like whoa!! I am starting off small as I want to get under 400lbs and so on.

Any time you want to chat just let me know! x

Back