So only difference between EE & G for a vegetarian is ....

sophieann

So, the only difference between EE & Green for a vegetarian is that I get an extra hexa and extra HEXb? So I get to eat more fatty stuff on green?

Confused!!

Define 'fatty stuff'. I only do Green days and have 2 HEAs of skimmed milk (no fat) a HEB portion of cereal (practically fat free) and a HEB Hifi (some fat.)

Ah right. Yes... I see what you are saying. It's all so new and I'm very confused. I'm on EE but have gained weight (have only been on it for 4 days) so thought maybe I should change to green, but them I saw that I get extra stuff that would be classed as syns on EE. Need to get my head round it I suppose! :)

try it, it sounds silly but when i cut my syns down to 5 and did green and ee with only 1 hea i didnt loose weight but as soon as i introduced more syns and hexs i started looaing again, so maybe by following ee (but practically green as your vegetarian) your actually not eating enough to loose weight

Ah, yes that's an idea. I might alternate days and see how it feels. Thanks for the suggestion! Just joined this site half and hour ago and it's all so nerve wracking. It took me ages to pluck up the courage to join SW. Perhaps I'm panicking a bit too much! Xx

If I was veggie I'd deffo do green only. I can't see the point in doing extra easy if you're eating no meat or if you're eating no potatoes/pasta, might aswell do the other plans.

The green plan is really great. I'm not vegetarian but I love the green plan. Did extra easy for 4 weeks to begin with but found I was eating more vegetarian products such as quorn mince and meat free sausages/burgers as I don't really like normal mince and hate the thought of what goes into sausage/burgers so took a jump and tried green. Was pleasently surprised :)

I'm so glad Rochelle posted - I thought I was missing something because surely a vegetarian can't do EE, can they ???????

If you don't eat meat there is no point in doing EE.

I do green, use both A&B everyday and between 10-15 syns per day and I'm losing quite well.

If you don't eat meat there is no point in doing EE.

Some people choose to do EE because they need the structure to help control the amount of carbs they eat. They may find they eat too much on green and that needing to have the third superfree helps them with portion control. Yes they could do just the same thing on green but sometimes just having a 'rule' helps

I'm so glad Rochelle posted - I thought I was missing something because surely a vegetarian can't do EE, can they ???????

Yes a vegetarian can do EE if they want, they can even do red. There is no requirement to eat meat on any plan just as you don't have to eat, say, carrots. :)

Thanks for all these respOnses - you are all so kind to offer you opinion! The reason I chose EE is as someone mentioned above, to control my carbs. I have PCOS and insulin resistance so need to eat low GI. Potatoes and pasta are high GI so I usually don't eat them, I figured a balance of everything rather than carb loading would be the best way forward. I like the idea of mixing my days up though. Now I'm getting used to it, I could do green, just ensuring that a third is super free to keep me on track. Does that sound right? I'm so glad I posted on here!!

Ahh, the mist has cleared. . I did realise that anyone can do EE if they want - I just wasn't very clear :silly:. However, I still can't really see any meat-free meal (1/3 SF or not) as anything other than Green :confused:.

As I luckily don't suffer, I wasn't giving other dietry issues (PCOS) a thought - sorry.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Hi minimunchkins (love the name!!!) for us tree-huggers (ha ha) the EE is fine as we can use meat substitutes such as quorn sausages, mince, chicken style, tofu etc so it's quite easy really, But in the last 3 days it's made me realise where my calories/fat are coming from. I avoid carbs so usually have quorn, veg/fruit and LOADS of cereal/milk. In fact I quite often had 3 bowls of cereal a day. Then binged on chocolate in the evening thinking id eaten healthily all day. Hmmm. Now that I'm typing this I'm realising how unhealthy that was! Have been browsing this site this evening and am overwhelmed by how supportive everyone is!

Since I started on SW, and particularly since picking up tips from this site, I now love the taste of some meat-free alternatives. . Amongst others I love Linda Mc Italian or Red Onion sausages and we have at least 2 meals a week using the de-fatted soya mince from H&B rather than beef mince either with pasta or baked spud filling.
Before SW, I remember years ago having a whole box of kellogs Fruit & Fibre & thinking I'd eaten healthily :8855:

I'd rather just do green for the two hexa's and b's lol if I'm on a green day I have all 4! Well sometimes 1 and half of a, but I do try keep the 3rd superfree especially on the evening meal.

Some people are frightened of the red/green plans, as if they're confusing, they arnt! Take a risk (to op)

Will give green a go then! Lunch will be delayed though. Tescos supposed to be bringing my
Home delivery between 9&11, just got text saying between 9&2! Grrr

Back